Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is everything you need to create stunning nail art. Having the right tools can make all of the difference when you’re trying to create a cute design on your nails. If you’re looking for a beautiful and unique way to add style and glam to any outfit, nail art is it. You can take a simple outfit of jeans and a white shirt and dress it up by doing French tips or you can add glam to your favorite evening look by adding glitter or rhinestones to your nails. Nail art can be as simple as a diagonal line or a nail decal or it can be as detailed as roses and ivy. The design is completely up to you, your preferences and your skill level. In the beginning, you may want to leave the intricate designs to nail professionals and start out with a few simple nail art patterns. This post contains affiliate links.
Everything You Need to Create Stunning Nail Art
Always begin with clean nails and clean hands when preparing. This means that you should remove any old polish and thoroughly wash your hands and nails to remove any lotion, cuticle cream or nail product residue.
- Trim and file your nails to remove any jagged edges using a nail file and nail rescue kit. I highly recommend a glass nail file to leave a smooth edge. Starting with a smooth edge will help to prevent your nails from chipping.
- Apply a base coat. A base coat not only protects your nails from the nail polish, it can help condition your nail bed and help adhere the polish to your nails.
- Choose a selection of base nail polish colors. Choosing a quality polish will create a better design that lasts longer. Liquid Palisade will help keep the polish neat along the edges.
- If you want to create dots and lines on your nails, I recommend that you invest in a nail dotter and thin nail brushes . These will help ensure the design is a uniform shape and thickness from nail to nail
- To create diagonal shapes on your nails, you may find that nail tape is easier for you to master in the beginning than a nail brush.
- You may want to experiment with nail sponges to fade your nail designs, rhinestones, or a nail art template.
You may also like:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.