Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
This hair conditioner with aloe vera is the answer to dry hair. In the summer, my hair tends to be even more dry than normal. I have my hair highlighted year round which can damage my hair and make it look lifeless. When you add to that more time in the sun, the occasional exposure to chlorine in the pool, etc., it means my hair needs some serious moisture. I’ve been doing a little bit of experimenting with natural beauty products like coconut oil, lemon juice, and essential oils and I’ve found quite a few natural ways to improve how I look and feel. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Hair Conditioner with Aloe Vera
There are many benefits of using aloe vera on your skin as well as on your hair. It’s also possible to drink aloe vera gel which is something that I want to look into more this summer. I had no idea that it was edible, but I have heard that it’s easy to add to healthy detox drinks and infused water. I love both of these types of drinks especially in the summer when it’s so hot.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Aloe vera has been used to promote hair growth as far back as early Egyptian days. It contains enzymes that promote healthy hair growth by eliminating dead skin cells on the top of your scalp. This dead skin could clog the hair follicles and prevent your hair from growing well. Having a healthy scalp will help your hair be healthier.
- Aloe vera helps eliminate scalp dryness and itchiness which often occur with people who have dry hair. Aloe vera is also beneficial for those who have psoriasis.
- Aloe vera helps elimination inflammation and irritation which is one of the reasons it is often used in wound care. If you have these issues on your scalp, using a hair conditioner with aloe vera is something you should explore.
- Aloe vera helps with dandruff. Not only does it help remove dead skin cells as mentioned above, but it also has anti-fungal properties. Apple cider vinegar also helps with dandruff if you haven’t tried that for relief.
- Aloe vera is very conditioning because it has many similar properties of keratin which occurs naturally in your hair cells.
Hair Conditioner With Aloe Vera:
You can use aloe vera alone on your hair after you’ve shampooed it. Just smooth it on your damp hair and leave it in as you would a leave-in conditioner. If you’re looking for something that’s even more conditioning, you can mix a small amount of coconut oil with the aloe vera gel. Just warm the coconut oil between your hands until it turns into a liquid, then add a bit of aloe vera and run your fingers through your hair. Leave it in your hair for 10 to 30 minutes and rinse out with warm water. Be careful with the coconut oil as a little bit goes a long way.
While you can extract the aloe juice from your aloe plant, if you plan on doing this frequently, you may want to purchase a bottle of organic aloe vera gel and use that instead. Otherwise, you’ll need to keep buying new plants as you cut off the spikes.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.