Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As someone who follows the paleo diet, I’ve know for quite a while that there are a lot of health benefits that come from eating coconut oil. As I started to research coconut oil more, I also learned about the beauty benefits of coconut oil.
Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an edible oil that is extracted from the meat of mature coconuts. I always start with organic coconut oil to make sure I’m using the very best coconut oil there is. Coconut oil can be used to create a number of DIY beauty items like my DIY Lip Scrub.
You can also use coconut oil as is in your beauty routine and get the same beauty benefits. Here are some ways you can experience the beauty benefits of coconut oil easily:
- Use it as an eye makeup remover. Just use a soft cloth to remove makeup.
- Rub it directly on your skin to lighten age spots. I’m starting to notice a few on my hands!
- Rub on skin to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Rub directly on skin to sooth eczema.
- Use as a massage oil. Just warm slightly and rub on.
- Control frizzy hair. Rub a tiny amount between your hands and run your hands through your frizzy hair. Only a very small amount.
- Add to salt or sugar and rub on very dry feet. Removes dead skin cells and moisturizes.
- Rub into dry hands before bed as a natural hand cream.
- Massage into cuticles to help heal while giving yourself a manicure.
Coconut oil has many amazing beauty uses. You will definitely want to keep a jar in your home. Coconut oil melts at 76F so it’s not a great idea to keep it in the bathroom where it will be warm from showering. Keep it in a cool kitchen cupboard or, even better, keep it in the refrigerator during the hot summer months.
Love natural beauty? Try my relaxing detox bath soak.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.