Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There’s nothing I love more than adding a few new beauty products to my stash. Every time I stop at a store, I always make sure I visit the beauty products section and see what’s new. Creams, facials, scrubs and serums. No matter what it is, I enjoy trying it.
Foods for Natural Beauty
Long before women were able to wonder into their local Macy’s or Nordstrom’s, there were foods for natural beauty they used in their beauty routines. I know that you’ve seen me share DIY beauty recipes with you before. But, using foods for natural beauty doesn’t have to take that much time. There are plenty of foods that you can use in your beauty routine as is.
- Avocado – Simply mash an avocado in a small bowl and apply it to your face as a mask. Avocado is an excellent moisturizer and can even be massaged into your hair to help with a dry scalp.
- Lemon – Lemons squeezed into your damp hair before sitting in the sun can bring natural highlights to brown hair. They can also be used to whiten nails.
- Egg Whites – Egg whites can be spread on your face and used as a toning mask. They brighten and tone your skin.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil makes a wonderful homemade hair conditioner. Just put a bit in your palm and run your fingers through your hair. Allow it to sit for 1 minute and rinse out.
- Honey – Using raw honey on your skin is a wonderful homemade remedy for acne. Honey has antimicrobial properties.
- Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt can be applied to your skin to reduce redness and balance bacteria. Choose plain, organic Greek Yogurt.
- Coconut Oil – I’ve written before about the beauty benefits of coconut oil. Don’t forget to add this to your routine!
The next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up a few of these foods for natural beauty. They tend to be fairly inexpensive and easy to use in your beauty routine and they’re something that I almost always have on hand.
Love natural beauty? Try my remedy for whitening nails.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.