Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Have you ever had a blowout before? I mean a real, go to the salon, pay a bunch of money and have a stylist do it kind of blowout? I did, once, on a business trip to Chicago. It’s a fun experience and one that I would recommend, once, because honestly, you can do the same thing at home for a lot less!
How To Do A Blowout At Home
So, what is a blowout? Typically, a blowout is done at a blow dry salon. They don’t cut or color your hair. They blow dry it and that is all they do. Typically, they run between $30 and $50 depending on the salon. Thankfully, once you know how to do a blowout at home, you can get the same results for a lot less.
- To get a really good blowout, you need to start with the right equipment and the right products. Use a lightweight, boar bristle brush with a cork or foam handle. This will give you the most control over your hair as you style it.
- Use a blow dryer that is tourmaline (for shine and faster dry time), ionic (to fight static) and ceramic (to heat hair evenly).
- When drying your hair, keep your hair taught around the brush to prevent kinks and cowlicks.
- Always keep the nozzle of the blow dryer parallel with the section of hair you’re working on for smooth strands and a shiny finish.
- Start at the top (crown) when blowing out your hair. This helps provide long lasting shape and body.
- When a section of hair is fully dry and still warm, wrap it around a velcro roller, mist with Blowout and let sit for 10 minutes. Repeat for 3-4 sections in the crown area. Style the rest of your hair and then remove the rollers.
- Avoid bubble bangs. Dry your bangs first and then dry them down against for your forehead. Don’t lift the roots up.
Once you know how to do a blowout at home, you’ll find there is no need to go to a blow dry salon to get the look you want. It’s simply a matter of having the right tools and products at home. Living Proof offers the products you need to get that gorgeous blowout.
I was able to try out a few of their products to try out my own at home blowout. Living proof offers a variety of hair products including Living proof blowout, Living proof Perfect Hair Day shampoo, Living proof full thickening mousse and Living proof Perfect Hair Day conditioner. I love the look I got!
Living proof products can be purchased from stores like Sephora, Ulta Beauty and Nordstrom or from Livingproof.com
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.