Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Did you know you can use essential oils for wrinkles? I mostly use essential oils for aromatherapy and bath products, but I have recently been using them for wrinkles and other anti-aging reasons. Essential oils are plant essences suspended in oil, so an essential oil has the same properties in most cases as the plant that they come from. Long before we could go to the store to buy creams and serums, women were using plants for the health benefits they saw. Using essential oils is easier than growing the plants we need ourselves in most cases and they certainly last longer. I keep a number of different essential oils on hand, so I have them when I need them. This post contains affiliate links.
How to Use Essential Oils for Wrinkles
You can use essential oils for wrinkles and other skin concerns. When applying essential oils directly to your skin, you should always dilute it with a carrier oil of some sort. I use almond oil or coconut oil depending on what I’m using it for. You can use these essential oils for wrinkles and skin care:
- Carrot Seed – Carrot seed essential oil helps with skin regeneration, so it’s an excellent choice for skin care. It has also been noted that it may be helpful to fade scars and tone aging skin.
- Frankincense – Frankincense essential oils has both anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. For this reason, it can be helpful for rosacea, rashes, and acne. It also helps to encourage new skin cell growth so it may be beneficial in reducing wrinkles.
- Geranium – Geranium essential oil isn’t specifically noted for wrinkles and anti-aging. However, it is helpful for controlling oil production and improving skin elasticity. For this reason, it’s an excellent choice for women of all ages.
- Lavender – Lavender essential oil is my all time favorite essential oil. It’s not only calming and relaxing, but it helps to regenerate skin cells.
- Lemon – Lemon essential oil will make your skin photosensitive, so it’s VERY important to wear sunscreen if you choose to use lemon essential oil on your skin. It helps to tone your skin and reduce pore size.
- Myrrh – Myrrh essential oil can be used for many skin related purposes including healing scars, chapped lips, and helping with eczema.
- Patchouli – Patchouli essential oil is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antisceptic so it can be beneficial for eczema, psoriasis, rashes and dermatitis. It also helps promote new skin growth which makes it one of my favorite essential oils for wrinkles.
- Tea Tree – Tea tree essential oil is another oil that has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It’s a good choice for those that suffer from acne or are trying to heal wounds.
To use, simply dilute with a carrier oil and apply to your skin with a cotton ball. Have you tried any of these essential oils for wrinkles or other skin care purposes? What are your thoughts?
You may also like:
Resources to get started:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.