Last Updated on August 27, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Planning a wedding is hard, and we want to help you make it easier. Check out these wedding entrance ideas to make your grand entrance.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The entrance of the bride and groom into your reception is one of the most important parts of your ceremony. It sets the tone for an amazing celebration that will last through the night.
Wedding Entrance Ideas
That’s why we’ve put together this list of creative wedding entrance ideas so you can wow all your guests with something unique and memorable! Remember that wedding planning can take quite some time so don’t wait until the last minute to start thinking about bridal party entrances. It can be time-consuming to organize your special day.
What is a wedding grand entrance?
A grand wedding party entrance is when the bride and groom, and sometimes their wedding party, make a dramatic entrance into the reception venue. This can be done in a number of ways, so it’s important to choose an idea that will fit your personality.
Unique wedding reception entrance ideas
The entry into the wedding reception represents the first official entrance on the couple’s side of marriage. There are many innovative ways to dress up your wedding ceremony to suit your style. Here are some great ideas to get you started:
1. Have your bridal party enter the reception ahead of you. This is a great way to show off your beautiful gown and stylish attendants.
2. Arrive in a helicopter! If you want to make a dramatic entrance, this is definitely the way to do it. Your friends and family won’t be expecting this one.
3. Make a grand entrance down the aisle. If you have a lot of wedding guests, this is a sure way to make an impression.
4. Sneak in through the backdoor with your partner. This is a fun way to add a bit of mystery and excitement to your reception.
5. Arrive in style on a beautiful horse-drawn carriage
Fun ideas for your wedding party’s grand entrance
When getting married, some couples do special wedding party entrances into their wedding reception. Here are some great ideas for your wedding party’s entrance:
1. Enter as a group. Have your bridal party enter the reception together and make a dramatic show of it.
2. Escort the bride down the aisle. This is a traditional way to make an entrance, and your guests will love it.
3. Enter as a celebrity couple. If you want to have some fun with your entrance, this is the way to do it.
4. Make a themed entrance. Have your wedding party dress up in costumes or enter to music that matches your theme.
5. Arrive in style on motorcycles or vintage cars. This is a great way to show off your own unique, personality.
Silhouette entrance ideas
If you want to make an entrance without all the fanfare, there are also a number of simple silhouette entrance ideas that can be just as dramatic. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Arrive at your reception venue in a beautiful gown and have your partner meet you at the door.
2. Have your bridal party line up in a row and walk in together.
3. Arrive at your wedding with your partner hand in hand.
4. Walk in alone and let your beauty speak for itself.
5. Walk down the aisle as the bride and groom. This is always a classic look that will impress your guests.
Rent a snow machine
One of the great things about winter weddings is that you can use snow machines to create a beautiful winter wonderland effect. If you’re looking for a unique wedding entrance idea, this is it! Renting a snow machine will add a touch of magic to your wedding day party and leave your guests talking about your ceremony long after it’s over. If you want an outdoor wedding, this is a unique idea.
A winter wedding may take a bit more planning, but it can allow you to make a special entrance that is truly memorable. This is by far one of my favorite wedding party entrance ideas for a winter wedding.
Utilize themed lights for your wedding party’s entrance
Certain lighting companies are capable of producing lighting that looks like fireworks or snowflakes. If your wedding theme lighting matches with an existing theme, this is an exciting plan of attack at the receptions you’re planning. Why not try a light curtain for your entrance?
You can also hire someone to customize the lighting with your color palette. This is great for weddings that may not necessarily fit one of the themes mentioned above.
A flash mob is a large group of people who suddenly appear in a public place and perform a coordinated dance or song. If you’re looking for an unforgettable wedding entrance, this could be the perfect option for you.
Just make sure that everyone involved is comfortable with dancing in public! You may want to warn family members if you’re planning on this fun idea.
This option may allow you to skip hunting for wedding venues entirely. You can plan your wedding in a public spot. Just be sure that your bridesmaids and groomsmen are ok with being the center of attention.
You can plan your wedding reception at another location to allow everyone to mingle and congratulate you on your wedding.
Be led by a live singer
One of the most popular wedding entrance trends nowadays is having a live singer lead you down the aisle. This could be someone as famous as Celine Dion or your favorite opera singer. You could also have a friend or family member who has a great voice do it for you.
This option definitely takes planning and should be done way ahead of time to ensure it goes off without a hitch. It is not just any person who can sing you down the aisle, so plan accordingly!
Consider asking them to sing for your first dance if you plan to have a reception.
This is one of the best wedding entrances for a bridal party in my opinion.
Best wedding entrance songs
- Happy – Pharrell Williams.
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake.
- I Got A Feeling – Black Eyed Peas.
Dance Your Way In
What could be more fun than dancing your way into your wedding reception? If you and your spouse love to dance, this is the perfect entrance for you.
You can either have someone specially choreograph a dance for the two of you or just go with the flow and wing it on your big day. This is a great way to show off your tastes while showing your guests a great time.
Remember that your walk down the aisle doesn’t have to be to romantic music. Consider a dance-off or play fun music for a bit of a surprise. This is one of my favorite bridesmaid entrance ideas.
If you want to really wow your guests, consider using a projection screen for your grand wedding reception entrance. This can be used to show a video or photo montage of the two of you.
It’s a great way to get everyone excited for the upcoming ceremony and reception. You can also use this as an opportunity to thank your guests for coming.
Nothing says “party” like confetti. If you’ve ever been to a New Year’s Eve party, chances are you know what we’re talking about.
If you want your attendees to go wild when they see you for the first time, consider using confetti in your wedding entrance idea. If you’re looking for funny bridal party entrance ideas or funny wedding entrance ideas, consider doing this as a surprise.
You can even do this inside and watch the pandemonium ensue. Just make sure you have someone there to clean the dance floor up after!
If you’d prefer a more eco-friendly idea, why not consider rose petals when you or your bridesmaids enter the wedding venue.
Tip: Check with the wedding venue to be sure this type of bridal party entrance is allowed.
Try a fun entrance for your wedding party
If you’re looking for a fun way to enter your wedding reception, why not try one of these ideas to get the party started? These are a great alternative to classic wedding entrance ideas.
1. Enter as superheroes. This is a great way to show your playful side and have some fun with your entrance. Have each of your wedding party members dress up as their favorite themed character.
2. Come dressed as pirates. Arrrgh! This is a great way to add some excitement to your reception. You and your new spouse will add some wow factor to your wedding party entrance with this idea.
3. Enter as characters from your favorite movie or TV show. This is a great way to show your guests your unique personality.
4. Wear crazy hats and sunglasses. This is a fun way to make a statement and get everyone laughing and having a good time right from the start.
5. Dress up in costumes. This is a great way to show your creative side and have some fun with your entrance. Create a themed cocktail hour to go along with your costume ideas.
Bridal party entrance ideas
When it comes to your bridal party’s grand entrance, there are a lot of fun possibilities. Here are a few bridesmaid and groomsmen entrance ideas to get you started:
- Enter as a group. Have your bridal party enter the reception together and make a dramatic show of it.
- Make a themed entrance. Have your wedding party dress up in costumes or enter to music that matches your theme.
- If you want to make a really dramatic entrance, roll out the red carpet for you and your spouse. This is a great way to show everyone that you’re serious about making an impression on your wedding day.
Planning your wedding reception’s grand entrance can be a lot of fun. Use these ideas to get started, but don’t be afraid to try one of these grand march entrance ideas if they sound like fun.
Whatever you choose, make sure it reflects you and your new husband’s personality. This is your chance to make a big impression on your guests and set the tone for the rest of the celebration. Have fun with it!
- Micro weddings
- Unique wedding accessories
- How to decide on wedding colors
- Wedding colors for every season
- Best wedding dress for a beach wedding
- Black tie optional for women
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.