Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Do you know how to change your skin care habits for spring? Or, are you following the same skin care routine year round? As the seasons change, the temperature and the amount of moisture in the air changes as well. You should be adjusting your skin care routine for each season to see the best results. While my skin care routine isn’t completely different, I do change a few things depending on what time of year it is. This post contains affiliate links.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Change Your Skin Care Habits for Spring
Here are a few things that I recommend you change in the spring. You can incorporate all of them or pick and choose the ones that you feel will make the most difference in your skin.
- Exfoliate more frequently. You should encourage your skin to remove old skin cells so your skin can be lighter, more hydrated and softer. If you have sensitive skin, be certain that you choose an exfoliating product with tiny granules because it will be more gentle to your skin. Try a facial cleansing brush like the Clarisonic.
- Switch to a serum and reduce moisturizer use. Serums are made without emulsifiers, so they are lighter on your skin. If you have very dry skin, you may still need a moisturizer, but you should choose one that is much lighter.
- Treat yourself using nature. Take a few moments to mash up an avocado for an avocado facial. Or apply honey to your face to help reduce an acne breakout.
- Spring clean your beauty products and makeup. Check the dates. Anything that is expired or that you have had for more than six months, especially sun block, should go.
- Modify your diet. Now that more fruits and vegetables are in season, you should make an effort to eat more. Always stick with seasonal vegetables and fruits (70% vegetables, 30% fruit) Reduce your grain intake to a minimum and give up dairy. There is a very strong relationship between consumption of dairy and acne breakouts.
- Remember the sunscreen. Now that the sun is out more often, and you’re spending more time outside, always remember to apply sunscreen before you go outside.
- Keep your skin hydrated. Warmer weather means that you perspire more, and that means you need to up your hydration. Get a water bottle with markings on it to help motivate you to drink more water.
- Wash your makeup brushes. You should be doing this regularly, but if you aren’t, it’s time now. Wash your brushes to remove oils and dead skin cells.
Now that you know how to change your skin care habits for spring, how about organizing that makeup desk?
Follow me on Pinterest for more skin care tips:
Resources for spring skin care:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.