Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall weddings can be truly breathtaking. A white dress against the reds, oranges and golds of the autumn leaves can make for a gorgeous photograph. Fall is one of the most favorite times of the year for planning a wedding. Menu ideas, fall flowers, dresses, location and more! There are so many fall wedding ideas to consider.
Fall Wedding Ideas
If you want to create a beautiful fall wedding, here are a few things to consider when planning. Remember to consider the weather and the temperature when planning for your fall wedding. If the weather is cool or potentially rainy, you’ll want to have a warm wrap or a tent for your ceremony just in case.
- Colors – Autumn is all about reds, browns, oranges and golds. Add a touch of bronze to your wedding palette for a chic, upscale look. Or go with burlap for a casual feel.
- Bridesmaid Gowns – Consider choosing darker colored bridesmaid gowns like maroon, wine, dark purple or chocolate brown. If you want a lighter color, think cream or gold with darker accents.
- Invitations – Get creative with invitations and place settings and consider gold embossing with leaves and pinecones for an autumn motif.
- Consider seasonal food – Consider offering seasonal treats as part of your wedding meal like mini apple pies, pumpkin soup, and roasted root vegetables.
- Skip the confetti – Instead of confetti that is bad for wildlife, throw rose petals instead. Keep the fall theme by choosing reds, oranges, and yellows.
- Decorations – When planning your decorations, take advantage of the beauty of nature. Include pumpkins, gourds, sunflowers, pinecones, and even hay bales if you’re having a casual wedding. Gold is a beautiful accent color for a fall wedding.
- Location – An outside wedding can be spectacular in the fall. Consider a field of wildflowers, a beach, a farm, a forest or even your backyard as the location.
Do you have any fall wedding ideas that I’ve missed? Don’t forget to create your wedding registry.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.