Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your wedding day is one of the most special days you’ll have so buying a wedding dress is something to consider carefully. It’s a day you’ll remember for the rest of your life. Following these tips for buying a wedding dress will help you make the best decision possible.
You may also like:
8 Must Read Tips for Buying a Wedding Dress
Consider these tips carefully and have a plan in mind before you leave home. You want to know exactly what you do and don’t want before you get to the store.
- Know your budget. Be realistic. While a $4000 wedding dress may be stunning, it won’t help you if your budget is $800. Remember that there will likely be alternations as well as shoes, a bag, jewelry, etc.
- Don’t procrastinate. It can take a while to find just *the* dress for your wedding. Don’t wait until the last minute to begin shopping. Depending on the season, you may end up with a tiny selection. Or, you may feel rushed to pick a dress and make a poor choice.
- Check with your church. Depending on the church, they may have guidelines you need to consider when choosing your wedding dress.
- Do your research. Before you start driving from store to store, do some online research to determine what styles you like. If you know you want a trumpet skirt; you can tell the sales associate that when you arrive to save time.
- Consider the sales associate’s suggestions. It’s their job to match the best style to the best body type. Consider their recommendations carefully.
- Don’t plan on weight loss. If you *want* to lose 50 pounds before your wedding day, buy the dress that fits now. There is no guarantee you’ll lose weight. It is easier to take a dress in than to let it out.
- Bring your accessories with you when you shop. If you know you want to wear your grandmother’s pearls, bring them with you to try on with the dress.
- Listen to your heart. If you aren’t sure if it’s the dress for you, put it back and keep shopping.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.