Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
There is just something fun about putting together a retro Halloween costume. When I was younger, one of my favorite movies of all times was Grease. I loved the characters, the music, and the way they dressed. It’s not difficult or expensive to put together a few retro Halloween costumes.
Easy Retro Halloween Costumes
If you love shopping through the vintage clothing section at your local thrift or consignment store, you’ll see plenty of examples of retro or vintage clothing. Putting together retro Halloween costumes is simply a matter of finding a few styles that look good on you to create a costume.
- Colonial Woman – Find a long navy, black, or brown dress and top it with a white apron. Add a pair of sturdy shoes and a white wig for accent.
- 1970’s – Black pants, a shiny gold shirt and lots and lots of gold chains. If you’re a man, slick back your hair and add sunglasses.
- 1950’s – A full skirt with or without an appliqued white poodle, a white blouse, bobby socks and saddle shoes.
- 1980’s – Leg warmers, skinny jeans, crop top, big 1980’s hair, a studded necklace, and bubble gum.
- 1960’s – Bell bottom jeans, platform shoes, and a tie-dye t-shirt. Add a bandana and sunglasses to finish the look.
- 1920’s – A black sheath dress, fishnet tights, low heels, a fur wrap, and long slinky gloves.
Don’t be afraid to have fun with this. Ask your parents if they have anything in their closets that they were holding on to that you could use for your costume. If you’re crafty, see what you can create yourself when putting together your outfit. Find a few vintage television programs to watch to get more ideas for your Halloween costume.
Which one of these easy retro Halloween costumes is your favorite?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.