Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you know how to to transition your wardrobe to spring? Have you started considering when to pack away your winter clothes and accessories and bring out your warm weather favorites? It’s not like we wake up one morning and box up all of our sweaters and winter boots and bring out the capris and tank tops. There is a time in between where it’s warmer, but not quite warm enough. During that time, you can transition your wardrobe to spring with a few of these tips. That will allow you to keep your favorites on hand without trying to juggle heavy wool sweaters and cami’s at the same time in your closet. This post contains affiliate links.
How to Transition Your Wardrobe to Spring
Layering is your friend during those in between weather times. There are days that will start out cool and gradually warm up in the afternoon. You want to be prepared for both times especially if you’ll be away from home all day.
- Start gradually. Pack away your very heaviest clothes when the weather starts to warm up. You may not need to keep your snow boots or your heavy wool winter coat as long as you need to keep your sweaters.
- Launder as you pack. Before you pack away your winter clothes, do a spot check to see if there are loose buttons, frayed hems or stains that need to be dealt with. You will appreciate the time you took when the temperatures drop again.
- Layering is your friend. On the days when it’s cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon, having a few lightweight cardigans on hand will help you transition your wardrobe to spring. You can wear the cardigan in the morning over a short sleeve shirt and then take it off and wear it over your shoulders as it warms up.
- Spring shoe options. After you pack away your winter boots, you won’t be taking the sandals out the next day. Find a few favorite spring shoe options to wear. A cute pair of canvas flats works well for me.
- Add a scarf. Adding a large scarf to your outfit can give you added warmth and style. Just roll it and wrap around your neck or unroll and wear over your shoulders when you feel cool.
- Transition your accessories to brighter colors. In the winter, I tend to go for black, gray, navy and brown accessories. As the weather warms up, I start bringing out spring colors like pink, turquoise, yellow, and cream.
- Be realistic. When adding new pieces to your wardrobe, be certain you’ll actually wear them. It can be too tempting to just grab every sale item we find. All that does is create clutter in the closet and make it harder to find what we really enjoy wearing.
How do you transition your wardrobe to spring?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.