Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Is minimizing dark circles under your eyes a concern? For as long as I can remember, I have had dark circles under my eyes. Many people think that dark circles under your eyes are a result of not getting enough sleep. That’s not always the case. There are many different things that cause dark circles and getting rid of them is not always as easy as getting more sleep. These tips for minimizing dark circles under your eyes will help reduce their appearance. A product was provided for this post and this post contains affiliate links.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips for Minimizing Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Just a few of the things that can cause dark circles under your eyes are allergies, genetics, aging and lack of sleep. For me, it’s most likely a combination of allergies and genetics since I’ve experienced them since I was a teenager and both of my kids have them as well. Dark circles can also be made more noticeable by under eye puffiness.
- Reduce the puffiness under your eyes by limiting your sodium intake and increasing your diuretics (like green tea).
- Deal with allergies and nasal congestion. There are a number of natural alternatives to traditional prescriptions. Talk to your homeopath.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, iron and folic acid are all essential for healthy skin which will, in turn, help reduce your dark circles.
- Get more sleep. Lack of sleep is definitely one of the causes of dark circles under your eyes. Aim for at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
- Try a home remedy to reduce puffiness like cucumber slices over your eyes. It works.
- Drink more water. Dehydration causes the blood vessels under your eyes to become dilated which can cause dark circles.
- Try Neutrogena Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream to visibly reduce the look for dark circles in just one week.
Neutrogena Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream is formulated with an exclusive Accelerated Brightening Complex. This nourishing eye cream diffuses the look of dark circles while light reflecting minerals brighten eyes. I’ve been using this for a little over a week now and I am definitely seeing an improvement in the dark circles under my eyes. I still use concealer to diminish them but I’m finding that I need a lot less than I used to. I have also tried their Rapid Wrinkle Repair Cream and was impressed with that as well.
You may also like:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.