Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These home remedies for split ends will help improve your hair’s manageability, shine and appearance. I tend to spend a fair amount of time on my hair. When I have a bad hair day, or it just doesn’t cooperate the way I want it to, I feel it impacts the way I look. It’s easy to cover up a pimple, but when you have a bad hair day, everyone knows.
7 Home Remedies for Split Ends
Sure, you can go to the store or the salon and find any number of serums and split end treatments. Most of them are fairly expensive and have a lot of ingredients that I can’t identify. The chances are that you have what you need to make a few of these home remedies for split ends in your kitchen already. They cost a lot less than expensive hair products, and they aren’t loaded with chemicals.
- Rosemary and Egg Shampoo – Take one egg (beaten), an ounce of fresh rosemary, and about a pint of hot water. Let the rosemary soak in the hot water for about 30 minutes. Beat the egg into it. Massage into your hair and rinse.
- Castor Oil Deep Oil Treatment – Mix 1/8 cup castor oil and 1/8 cup olive oil. Massage into your hair. Wrap your hair in a towel. Let it sit for 30 minutes and shampoo out.
- Avocado Masque – Mash a very ripe avocado and apply it to your hair. Coat the ends well. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Rinse out well.
- Olive Oil – Warm the olive oil and massage it into your hair. Wrap your hair in a towel and allow it to sit in your hair for one hour. Shampoo out.
- Coconut Oil – Apply approximately two tablespoons of coconut oil into your hair, especially on the ends. Shampoo out after 15 minutes.
- Argan Oil – I love argan oil. It’s wonderful for both hair and face. Massage it into your hair and leave it in for at least 2 hours – overnight is better. Shampoo as normal.
- Mayonnaise (not salad dressing) – Massage a half cup of mayonnaise into your hair. Leave it on for twenty minutes. Rinse out and shampoo.
These home remedies for split ends will help keep your hair healthy. They also work well on hair that is dry or damaged because they are very moisture rich. Have you tried any of these home remedies?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.