Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
If you’re wondering how to get stronger hair with less breaking, you’ll want to keep reading. Your hair can break for a variety of different reasons from over coloring to a poor diet to aging. While you can’t entirely stop your hair from breaking, there are a few things that you can do to make your hair stronger and more elastic so that it is less likely to break. This is a sponsored post by Lunchbox, but the story is my own.
How to Get Stronger Hair With Less Breaking
You may notice that your hair is becoming more brittle as you age. When we get older, our hair loses some of its elasticity which makes it more brittle and prone to breaking. Aging hair can also be more prone to breaking because we’re coloring it to hide the gray. Other factors may include heat styling and a change in your diet. Thankfully, there are things that you can do to help your hair become stronger so that you experience less breaking.
1. Make sure that you eat a diet that includes enough protein. Protein can have an impact on hair strength, shine and thickness. You can get protein from meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, seeds, beans and peas.
2. Cut back on the heat styling. Blow drying, curling, and straightening can all damage your hair when done too frequently. Try to go natural a few days a week if you can. Or turn down the heat setting from high to low.
3. Use a silk pillow or head scarf. Sleeping on a silk pillow or wrapping your hair in a silk head scarf can keep your hair from tangling and breaking.
4. Never brush wet hair. When your hair is wet, instead of using a brush, switch to a comb which is less likely to snag and pull your hair.
5. Don’t ignore regular salon visits. Have your hair cut and shaped regularly and have the stylish pay particular attention to any split ends.
6. Use a shampoo and conditioner with keratin. Keratin is a protein found in our hair that helps keep it strong, elastic and healthy.
I have been using Dove Nutritive Solutions Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner with Keratin Repair Actives to repair the signs of damaged hair. Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner includes patented technologies to target dryness and damage found in hair. You can smooth, strengthen, and help prevent split ends and breakage with Dove Intensive Repair. Check out the benefits.
1. Intensive Repair Therapy Shampoo: reconstructs at the cellular level of hair, prevents split end and breakage, 5x smoother hair in one wash; enjoy weightless, beautiful hair without excess residue.
2. Intensive Repair Therapy Conditioner: smooth, strengthen, and prevent split ends and breakage.
3. Intensive Repair Therapy Mask: Deeply restores and fortifies weak and damaged hair, while making hair smooth after every application.
4. Anti-Frizz Oil Therapy Shampoo
5. Anti-Frizz Oil Therapy Conditioner
6. Daily Moisture Shampoo: Get touchably smooth hair and is easy to manage, without excess residue.
7. Daily Moisture Conditioner: Get touchably smooth hair and is easy to manage, without excess residue.
I love the way my hair feels after using it just a few days. My hair is smoother and more manageable and I love knowing that these products contain keratin to help nourish my hair and make it stronger. I’m not giving up my highlights or my heat styling and by using Dove Nutritive Solutions Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, I can take steps to repair my hair so it stays healthy.
Try it today and share your review using #BeautyIs and #WMNutritiveSolutions.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.