Last Updated on September 29, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Some of the beauty tricks I’ve seen online seem a bit sketchy. Maybe they work. Maybe they don’t but there is enough doubt in my mind that I’m not going to be trying them soon. Other beauty tricks are based on science or years of wisdom, and those I’m a bit more willing to try. Today I’m sharing a few beauty tricks you need to try adding to your daily routine.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
10 Beauty Tricks You Need to Try Immediately
- I love wearing bold, bright makeup, but I have never managed to pull it off without looking like I’m a 40-year-old woman who is trying to look like she’s 15. Try these tips for wearing bright makeup no matter what age you are.
- My daughter has beautiful long hair that she likes to put up in a ponytail. We love the cute ponytail ties they sell at the store, but they’re a bit pricey. Check out this trick for turning a button and a ponytail tie into a hair tie in five seconds.
- Blend foundation outwards from the center of your face to the edges. It helps reduce wrinkles and lift your skin.
- Layer foundation, concealer and setting powder to perfectly cover a pimple.
- Set your makeup by applying primer, then foundation, then concealer, then powder then a setting spray.
- Skip the expensive toners the next time you visit your favorite beauty counter. Instead, use apple cider vinegar as a toner.
- If you have oily skin, avoid makeup with a shimmer that will only accent the oily look. Instead, choose makeup with matte coverage.
- If your hair is green from too much exposure to chlorine in the pool, make a paste from baking soda and water and work it through your hair to remove the green.
- Fill a spray bottle with hair mousse to make application easier.
- If you have oily skin, skip the cream moisturizer and instead try a gel moisturizer. It will help keep the shine down.
Do you have any beauty tricks that really work to add?
You may also like:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.