Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you know that honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties because of the presence of an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide?
These surprising ways to use honey for beauty will let you take full advantage of all the yummy goodness that honey has to offer. Honey is really beneficial for your skin. That’s why you find it in so many beauty products. It’s always best to purchase raw honey because it hasn’t been processed. You can find this in most grocery stores or in your natural food coop.
Surprising Ways to Use Honey For Beauty
Honey is a wonderful anti-aging agent as well as a skin moisturizer. It contains natural antioxidants that have antibacterial properties so it works quite well to encourage healing. This is particularly beneficial to those who have acne. In ancient times, women used honey and milk together to help keep their skin youthful and soft.
- Honey Face Mask – To create a simple honey face wash, apply a teaspoon of raw honey to a warm, wet washcloth. Apply it to your skin. Allow it to remain on your skin for 10 minutes. Remove with warm water.
- Honey Oil Cleanser – This oil cleanser works wonderfully to remove your makeup. Mix a bit of honey and coconut oil and apply to your skin. Remove with warm water.
- Honey Body Scrub – Mix sugar or salt with honey and use it to exfoliate your elbows and knees. Add a few drops of essential oil if you like.
- Honey Milk Bath – Add two cups of milk and 1/4 cup of raw honey to your bath water as it fills. Soak and relax.
- Gentle Honey Exfoliator – I like to exfoliate my face occasionally, but sugar scrubs are too rough. Mix baking soda and raw honey together until a paste is formed. Rub gently on your face and rinse off.
- Hair Rinse – To remove product build up and leave your hair soft and shiny, rinse it with 1/4 cup of raw honey and 10 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
This Soothing Facial Rinse is one of my favorites:
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 tsp of raw honey
- 1 chamomile tea bag
Put the lemon, honey and tea bag into a small Mason jar. Pour the hot water over it and allow it to sit for 30 minutes unti it is lukewarm. Remove the lemon and tea bag. Rinse your face with it. Chamomile is
If you love natural beauty solutions, you may want to read my post on olive oil beauty hacks.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.