I’ve been experimenting with how to make a natural two ingredient lip gloss. If you look in my makeup collection, one of the first things you’d notice is that I have a thing for lip gloss. I easily have a dozen or more lip gloss containers. When I looked at the ingredients, I was sort of shocked that most of them I couldn’t decipher.
Natural Two Ingredient Lip Gloss
Your lip gloss doesn’t have to be loaded with artificial ingredients. After all, what you’re really looking for is shine, moisture and a bit of color. Once a month, I get together with a group of other bloggers to remake a pin we find on Pinterest to make it our own. This month, I decided to remake a two ingredient lip gloss I found on Pinterest by Keep Heart. Their lip gloss started with Aquaphor and added loose pigment. Neither of those is natural so I experimented a bit using natural ingredients. Be certain you start with organic berries. You don’t need to be smearing pesticides all over your lips.
- 1 to 2 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 Raspberries or blackberries if you want a bolder color
- Small container with a lid
- Smash the berries & remove the seeds if you want.
- Melt the coconut oil. How much you use will depend on the size of your container.
- Mix together and pour it into the container.
- Place in the refrigerator until it turns solid.
As a warning, coconut oil melts at about 68 degrees F. You do not want to toss this in your handbag because it will probably melt and make a mess. I keep it on my desk.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Berry Sipper Mocktail by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Starbucks Cup Gift Card Holder by Homemaking Hacks
- Ice Lanterns by Upstate Ramblings
- Lip Scrub by Mom Always Finds Out
- The Best Homemade Vanilla Extract by How Was Your Day?
- The Best Crockpot Chili Recipe by Food Fun Family
- Vintage Cheddar and Gruyere Mac and Cheese with Polish Kielbasa by A Day in Motherhood
- Flourless Brownies with Craisins and Pistachios by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Tiger Nut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home and Garden Cafe
- Bang Bang Chicken by Jennifer Sikora
- Frozen Banana Yogurt Peanut Dog Treats by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal by Sincerely Mindy
- Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe by Gator Mommy
- Homemade Vanilla Orange Mint Sugar Scrub by Baby Loving Mama
- Valentine’s Day Strawberries by Sizzling Eats
- All Natural 2 Ingredient Lip Gloss by The Socialite’s Closet
- Pantry Tomato Pasta by The Guavalicious Life
- How to Make Strawberry Pecan Bread by Mommy Snippets
If you enjoy making your own beauty products, you may want to learn to make your own facial toner.