Last Updated on February 5, 2021 by Ellen Christian
These easy tips for firming that pesky under eye area will help smooth out the thin skin underneath your eyes. One of the first things that I noticed as I started to age (besides those horrible grey hairs) was that the area underneath my eyes was beginning to thin. Sagging under eye skin can age even the most youthful complexion. At 49, this is definitely something I’m aware of. This post has been sponsored, and a product has been provided.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
6 Easy Tips for Firming That Pesky Under Eye Area
As we age, our skin loses collagen. This loss of collagen means that our skin looks less firm than when we were younger. Since the skin underneath our eyes is thinner than the rest of the skin on our face, it’s one of the first places that we notice the loss of firmness in our skin. Following these easy tips for firming will help you combat the sagging in your under eye area.
- Manage your allergies. Those that suffer from nasal allergies may notice puffiness in the under eye area along with dark under eye circles. Controlling your allergies may help to reduce these symptoms.
- Limit your salt. A diet that is too heavy in salt can cause fluid retention. Fluid retention can lead to swelling and bags under your eyes. Reduce your salt intake to help lessen fluid retention and you may notice a different in your under eye area.
- Reduce swelling. To take down the swelling you see under your eyes first thing in the morning, use a cool compress against your under eye area. The cold will help bring the swelling down and will make your eyes seem firmer.
- Get more sleep. I’m sure you’ve been told this many times, but it’s true. Getting more sleep will help reduce the puffiness under your eyes. Try elevating your head while you sleep to help with fluid retention.
- Try a gentle massage. Some people find that massaging small gentle circles in the area underneath your eyes will help with firming. Be firm but gentle, there should be no discomfort when you do this.
- Try the derma e Firming DMAE Eye Lift – Visibly lift, firm and tighten the delicate eye area while smoothing crow’s feet with this doctor-developed, multi-action eye treatment crème that contains advanced, clinically proven natural ingredients.
DMAE, a widely-acclaimed skin-firming nutrient, is clinically proven to boost collagen for firmer, more resilient skin. InstaLift® Goji Berry glycopeptides add further firming, lifting and tightening antioxidant power. Advanced peptides Argireline® and Matrixyl® synthe’6® work together to soften facial muscles and synthesize new key components such as collagen, helping smooth wrinkles and discourage new lines from forming. Hyaluronic Acid, also known as nature’s moisture magnet, infuses a surge of cooling eye moisture helping leave skin soft, smooth, tone and rehydrated. With continued use, this pro-collagen and pro-elastin blend leaves the delicate eye area firmer, smoother and younger-looking. 100% vegan, cruelty-free, Paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, lanolin-free, gluten-free, GMO-free.
Hyaluronic Acid, also known as nature’s moisture magnet, infuses a surge of cooling eye moisture helping leave skin soft, smooth, tone and rehydrated. With continued use, this pro-collagen and pro-elastin blend leaves the delicate eye area firmer, smoother and younger-looking. 100% vegan, cruelty-free, Paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, lanolin-free, gluten-free, GMO-free.
I’ve been using the derma e Firming DMA Eye Lift available from Target for a few weeks now and have noticed an improvement in the fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eyes. I love knowing that I can get results using a product that’s natural and affordable. You see so much hype around expensive anti-aging products that I never know what I can believe. I’m glad I found something that really works. You can find the derma e Firming DMAE Eye Lift ($24.95) and other dermae products at Target now which makes it easy to pick one up on your next trip.
#NOTICETHELOTUS at Target in 2016 … derma e has arrived.
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.