Last Updated on March 10, 2023 by Ellen Christian
This Detox Bath Soak beauty recipe is a wonderful way to pamper yourself and relax. I’ve been sick this past week and I could use some pampering time.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Relaxing Detox Bath Soak Beauty Recipe
A Detox Bath Soak will help remove impurities from your body and leave your skin feeling soft and pampered. It’s the best of both worlds: beauty and health.
Yes, you can go to the store and buy a Detox Bath Soak but honestly, don’t bother. This is so easy to make and definitely costs much less than what you’d pay at the store.
What you need:
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1 cup baking powder
- 3 drops of Lavender essential oil (or EO of your choice)
- glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
I use Lavender essential oil because the scent of lavender relaxes me. If lavender isn’t your thing, there are a lot of other essential oils you can use as well.
- Mix all ingredients in the jar and shake to distribute the essential oils.
- Run a HOT bath. It needs to be as hot as you can tolerate to draw the toxins from your body by making you sweat.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of the Detox Bath Soak to the hot water as it fills the tub.
- Bring a bottle of water with you to drink during the detox bath.
- Lower yourself under the water as much as possible and soak for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off quickly in cool water.
Epsom salts are a wonderful way to treat dry skin which I’m really needing after this long, cold winter. Baking soda is known to work well in DIY cleaning recipes, and it’s also a great way to clean your skin.
Whether you make this Detox Bath Soak beauty recipe for relaxing and unwinding or for helping remove toxins from your body, it’s a wonderful way to pamper yourself any day.
You may also like:
- Moisturizing scrubs
- Shaving tips for sensitive skin
- DIY facial toner
- Things you need to make lip gloss
- Homemade soap for eczema
- Vitamin C Bath Bomb
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.