Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
This Detox Bath Soak beauty recipe is a wonderful way to pamper yourself and relax. I’ve been sick this past week and I could really use some pampering time. A Detox Bath Soak will help remove impurities from your body and leave your skin feeling soft and pampered. It’s the best of both worlds: beauty and health.
Relaxing Detox Bath Soak Beauty Recipe
Yes, you can go to the store and buy a Detox Bath Soak but honestly, don’t bother. This is so easy to make and definitely costs much less than what you’d pay at the store.
What you need:
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1 cup baking powder
- 3 drops of Lavender essential oil (or EO of your choice)
- glass jar with a tight fitting lid
I use Lavender essential oil because the scent of lavender relaxes me. If lavender isn’t your thing, there are a lot of other essential oils you can use as well. If you want to be energized, try Peppermint essential oil. If you want to feel pampered, try Sweet Orange. It’s totally up to you.
- Mix all ingredients in the jar and shake to distribute the essential oils.
- Run a HOT bath. It needs to be as hot as you can tolerate in order to draw the toxins from your body by making you sweat.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of the Detox Bath Soak to the hot water as it fills the tub.
- Bring a bottle of water with you to drink during the detox bath.
- Lower yourself under the water as much as possible and soak for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off quickly in cool water.
Epsom salts are a wonderful way to treat dry skin which I’m really needing after this long, cold winter. Baking soda is known to work well in DIY cleaning recipes and it’s also a great way to clean your skin.
Whether you make this Detox Bath Soak beauty recipe to relax and unwind or to help remove toxins from your body, it’s a wonderful way to pamper yourself any day.
You may also like:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.