Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you know how to make eyeshadow brighter? My daughter has a passion for bright, vibrant makeup that stands out. I’m more of a fan of neutrals and pastels. So when she was learning to apply her makeup we had to figure out how to make eyeshadow brighter so that it would stand out more.
How to Make Eyeshadow Brighter
When you look through fashion magazines, all of the models are wearing gorgeous bright colored eyeshadow but it can be very difficult to get the same look at home. Eyeshadows in the palette look bright but when you apply them, they don’t seem the same way on your eyes. If you want to learn how to make eyeshadow more brilliant, follow these tips.
- Wear an eyeshadow primer. An eyeshadow primer will not only help your eyeshadow last longer, but it will also make the colors appear more vibrant. To make the colors stand out, choose a white or light colored eyeshadow primer.
- Wear an eyeshadow base. An eyeshadow base is not the same thing as a primer. Primers tend to be very light and smooth, almost like a thin foundation. An eyeshadow base is thicker and creamy and should be applied after the primer. It will help the eyeshadow stick to the lid and make the colors brighter.
- Use a black eyeliner as a base. If you want a deep, vibrant color like a maroon or dark green, try using a black eyeliner as a base instead of an eyeshadow base.
- Layer the shadow. Instead of applying just one layer of shadow, use two or three for a brighter color.
- Wet it. Wet your eyeshadow applicator with a setting spray and then use it to apply your eyeshadow. Don’t wet it too much. You want it damp not wet.
If eyeshadow primer and eyeshadow base are a bit too pricey for you, you can try the same trick by using a cream concealer on your lids. The colors won’t get quite as bright and vibrant, but they will be better than if you applied the eyeshadow directly to your lid.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.