Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
So you know how you go on Pinterest and search for easy nail designs and nothing you try actually looks like it’s supposed to? Either I am horrible at doing nail art of their idea of easy is drastically different than mine. I really wanted to make one of the designs I found on Pinterest but after 2 hours and 8 botched attempts, I decided it’s not going to work for me.
Easy Nail Designs with a Sponge
Thankfully, I found out there are easy nail designs with a sponge that I can actually do. You can use a special make up sponge for this or you can just use a cheap kitchen sponge which is what I did. Just cut off a corner of the sponge to use and discard so you can save the rest for another project.
- Three different nail polish colors
- 1 household sponge
- Wax paper
- Clear coat nail polish
- Nail polish remover
It really doesn’t get much easier than this.
- Paint your nails one color. Use one or two coats to get good coverage.
- Let them dry completely.
- Put a bit of the other two nail polish colors on a piece of wax paper.
- Quickly swirl the two colors together using the piece of sponge.
- Dab the sponge into the two colors and swirl.
- Press against your nails in a random pattern.
- Let dry completely.
- Remove any polish that got on your cuticles or fingers with nail polish remover.
- Cover with a coat of clear polish.
That’s all there is to it. You can do it in an ombre shade going light to dark if you want or you can pick colors to match your favorite holiday or your favorite dress.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.