Last Updated on May 23, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Wondering how to dry shave without razor burn? Check out these tips and learn how to use baby powder after shaving to protect your skin.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Dry Shave Without Razor Burn
I generally shave while I’m in the bath but every now and then I need to dry shave because I’m pressed for time and want to wear shorts or capris instead of my jeans.
Normally, when I dry shave I end up with red, itchy bumps and razor burn. This is definitely NOT an attractive look while wearing shorts or capris.
I have very sensitive skin but I don’t find that I get razor burn at all when I follow this method. You’ll need to experiment to see which method works best for you.
I typically only dry shave my legs but I don’t see any reason why this same method wouldn’t work for under your arms.
Best way to dry shave legs
- Use a precision body shaver. Traditional razors just don’t work well for dry shaving.
- Shave in the correct direction. While shaving against the direction the hair grows will give you a closer shave, it will also cause the most irritation.
- Pull the skin tight. If the area you want to save is loose in any way, pull the skin tight as you shave to create a flat surface.
- Don’t press too hard. The blade should glide smoothly over your legs. Pressing too firmly can cause irritation.
- Bend your knees. When shaving the knee area, bend your knees to get a close shave.
- Pat your legs dry. Don’t rub. That will irritate the freshly shaved skin. Just pat gently.
- Apply a light coating of baby powder. After shaving and patting your legs dry, apply a light coating of unscented baby powder or pure cornstarch to your legs.
The battery operated Panasonic ES-WR40 Body Shaver uses the same technology as their facial shavers so it treats your skin gently while removing hair.
It has a two way pivoting head with horizontal and vertical positions that makes it easy to shave missed spots. There is no need for shaving cream or water so it’s the perfect choice to get a dry shave without razor burn.
No products found.
You get up to 5 years of use from the one razor blade. The razor blade is washable and there is a cleaning brush included.
This is also the perfect choice for travel because of the folding design. You can find the Panasonic ES-WR40 at retailers like Walmart or on Amazon.
- How to get a close shave without razor burn
- Shaving tips for sensitive skin
- Vitamin C Bath Bomb
- 4th of July nail art designs
- Shave soap vs shave cream
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.