Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ll admit that I’m more at home in pinks and neutrals but for the 4th of July, I really wanted to show my patriotic pride with an easy patriotic eyeshadow look. The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and since we generally go to my parent’s house to watch the parade, I wanted to do something special.
Easy Patriotic Eyeshadow
My daughter is a theater arts major and has a flare for the dramatic. She loves doing bold, bright eyeshadow designs so I asked her to help me with this easy patriotic eyeshadow. I wanted something that stood out without being completely overboard.
This is certainly something that’s easy enough for you to do on your own if you don’t have someone to apply it for you.
- Start with eye primer over your entire lid. We used the Revlon Photoready Eye Primer but any eye primer would work.
- After that, starting in the inner corner of your eye, apply the red shadow trying to apply it to about a third of the eyelid. We used the My Qia Qia Mei Make Up Pencil which is a multi-purpose eyeshadow, eyeliner & lip liner that came from Philippines. I can’t find it available online right now but any red would work.
- Apply the white eyeshadow to the center of the eyelid. We used a white from the BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette but again, any white or super light silver would work.
- Last, apply the blue to the outer corner of the eyelid. I’m wearing the blue from the Hard Candy Top Ten Trendsetters Aphrodisiac palette.
- Apply a very thin coating of silver glitter over the top and at the outer edge of your eyes. I used Diamante from the Toki Doki Cromatico set.
- Apply blue liquid eyeliner to the top lid. (Don’t blink) We used Royal Blue from Italia.
- Smudge some of the blue eyeshadow around the bottom of your eye and finish with your favorite mascara. I’m partial to Better than Sex.
That’s all there is. This is a fun way to get an easy patriotic eyeshadow look. It’s not perfect but it was definitely fun to do and gave me some great mother / daughter bonding time. It’s definitely not a look I’d wear every day but it’s fun for the 4th of July!
For more patriotic and red, white and blue style posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Stars and Stripes Style by Sweet Lil You
- Casual Patriotic Outfit by Day by Day in Our World
- 6 Awesome Style & Beauty Products Made in the USA by Pretty Opinionated
- Easy 4th of July Nail Designs by Mom on the Side
- Star Studded Fashion by How Was Your Day?
- Michael Kors Teen Fashion Accessories by My Kids Guide
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.