Last Updated on January 5, 2023 by Ellen Christian
I was searching on Pinterest a few days ago for easy DIY nail designs when I found a cute idea for back to school. I’ve no idea who to credit this idea since there are dozens of different bloggers who’ve done this nail design.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Nail Design with SinfulColors A Class Act
I received several of the nail polishes from the SinfulColors A Class Action collection (their back to school fall collection). This new collection has something for everyone including dusty pastels, pops of color, denim blues, brights, shimmers and 3D glitters.
You can find the SinfulColors back-to-school collection for $1.99 each at Walgreens and other mass retailers for August & September 2015. There are 27 different shades in this collection.
DIY Nail Design Steps
To create this fun back to school pencil design, follow these steps:
- Remove your nail polish.
- File and buff your nails straight across the top.
- Apply a clear base coat to protect your nails.
- Paint your nail yellow using SinfulColors VI Peach (2 coats of nail polish).
- Paint a stripe of SinfulColors Casablanca across the center of your nail. You can use tape if you need to for a straight line.
- Paint the top of your nail with SinfulColors Pink Break. You can use tape if you need to for a straight line.
- Be certain to allow each shade to dry completely before you move to the next step.
- Cover the final nail design with a clear top coat to prevent chipping.
I use blue painter’s tape to mark off the lines on my nail. It removes cleaner that way for me. That’s all there is to it. This is one of the easiest DIY nail designs I’ve seen for back to school.
Turn this into a cute gift idea by buying extra bottles for your favorite teacher and attaching this cute printable.
Will you do an easy DIY nail design for back to school time?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.