Last Updated on October 1, 2020 by Ellen Christian
I’m sharing my favorite five fashionable pieces to pack for a weekend trip. Summer means travel for many people, whether it’s for business or for fun. I like to be prepared for as many possibilities as I can when I travel, but it’s not like I can pack my whole closet in my suitcase. I need to make the most of the space that I have by thinking carefully about what I’m going to bring. So, I try to choose pieces that will serve more than one purpose, or that can be dressed up or down easily. By packing carefully, I can be certain that I have the staples I need while I’m away.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pack for a Weekend Trip
I’m all about classic style. While I love adding a few pops of color and trendy accessories, the bulk of my wardrobe are classic styles that won’t look dated next year. I love khaki, black, navy and gray. From there, I add in accessories like scarves, bags, and jewelry in the trendy colors. If you’re wondering about packing light for a weekend trip, keep these tips in mind.
1. Khaki pants or shorts – Depending on your weather, khaki pants or shorts are essential in my book. They are easy to match with a variety of colors, khaki tends to travel well and it can be dressed up with heels or dressed down with sandals.
2. A little black dress – You never know when you’ll want to head out for cocktails or an impromptu party. You cannot go wrong with a little black dress just in case. Dress it up with jewelry & heels or make it casual with a cardigan and sandals. You may want to bring along a few things to dress up that little black dress.
3. Bathing Suit – It’s better to have one and not need one than need one and not have one. They don’t take up much room and you’ll regret it if you leave it at home.
4. A sweater or shawl – I don’t know about you but our nights still get chilly. I’d rather have a sweater or shawl and never need it than freeze to death all night because I left it at home. Make it a classic color like black, navy, brown or white depending on the other colors in your wardrobe.
5. Something romantic to slip into – You never know when you’ll want something romantic to slip into if you get a few moments with that someone special.
Now that you know what pieces to pack for a weekend trip, where will you be going?
Check out these summer sun safety tips.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.