Last Updated on July 2, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Following these tips for using an airbrush system can make all the difference in the final result. Learn more about the Luminess Air.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Tips for Using an Airbrush System
As I age, I notice more imperfections in my skin: large pores, wrinkles, and an uneven complexion. It seems to take more makeup to get that smooth complexion I want. Unfortunately, the more makeup I use, the less natural my appearance looks. I have found that using an airbrush system makes all the difference.
One of the benefits of using an airbrush system is that you will receive better coverage using less makeup. It is also a more sanitary approach to applying makeup because neither your fingers nor a brush touches your skin. That means there is no transfer of bacteria.
Using an airbrush system takes a little bit of practice to get used to. I’m working with the Luminess Air Airbrush System which is very compact and quiet but allows for a lot precision when you’re applying your makeup.
Foundation for airbrush system
- Using the foundation shades that come with your starter kit, test a stripe of each color on the inside of your arm. That tends to match your face the best. Choose the color that is closest to your skin.
- The Luminess makeup is natural, mineral and water based and completely oil-free.
- TIP: Pay attention when ordering your makeup. There are different finishes and different shades (36) depending on the look you want from natural to ultra modern.
- Decide whether you want a single foundation, a primer, and a glow or you want an all in one formula containing a primer, a moisturizer, a concealer, and a foundation.
- Place 4 to 6 drops of foundation in the airbrush cup.
- Be certain your face is completely clean and free of makeup or dirt. Apply your preferred moisturizer.
- TIP: Apply under eye cover up before you use your airbrush system to achieve a natural look.
- Then, very gently, with a very light touch begin to spray coverage. You will hold the stylus like you do a pen.
- Apply a very light coat and let it dry for five seconds. Then just build in your coverage until you have the look you want.
- Clean the unit after every single use. It’s very simple. Just put a few drops of water into the product well and then pull back on the trigger with your finger over the stylus. Remove your finger and expel the remaining water.
When I was first asked to write about the Luminess Air, I was a bit intimidated. I had never used anything like this before. Honestly, this is so easy to use. There is a helpful DVD to watch plus several videos on the website.
It took me no time at all to figure this out. You use 4 or 5 drops of the makeup for each application. I found it easiest to use all in one foundation and the coverage I got was amazing.
This is my “after” photo. I used cover up under my eyes to cover the dark circles and on one scar on my chin. Otherwise, the coverage you see is entirely from the Luminess Air.
This is 100% untouched by my photo editor. I’m in love. It gives me a natural look with great coverage.
If you’re looking for better coverage with natural results, I definitely recommend the Luminess Air.
Do you have any questions or tips you’d like to share?
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.