Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When the weather is nice, you can often find me outside in the garden, walking in the woods or relaxing at the lake. I love being outside, but I’m very fair skin, so I pay attention to sun protection. These sun care tips for active families are perfect for those who enjoy spending time outside in the sun. No one wants to spend all summer inside, but too much sun can often result in sunburn or worse. I received a product for this post. This post contains affiliate links.
Sun Care Tips for Active Families
No one wants their vacation ruined by a sunburn, so it makes sense to cover up with sunscreen before you head outside. Did you know that many topical sunscreens on the shelf contain harmful chemicals which absorb through your skin into your bloodstream? Many have been linked to hormone disruption. Spray-on sunscreens use finely ground, potentially harmful, nanoparticles.
Mineral sunscreens like those from Balanced Botanicals use Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide. These natural earth minerals do not absorb into your skin. They work by reflecting the UV radiation away from your body. The non-active biodegradable botanical ingredients their sunscreen include Calendula, Arnica, Pomegranate, Aloe, Chamomile, Rose Hips, Green Tea, Shea Butter, and Goji Berry.
If you do end up with irritated skin from the sun or a heat rash, Cool Aloe is soothing and cooling and works great as an after-sun formula. It’s also an excellent choice for cooling shaving irritation, jellyfish stings, and post-radiation treatment. It contains Pure Aloe, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil, Green Tea Extract and Vitamin E.
Here are a few sun care tips you should know before you leave for your vacation.
- Use Vacation Sav-R Sun Care Assistant 20 minutes before going in the sun and every 2-3 hours of sun exposure after that. Vacation Sav-R is a plant based tablet that will provide extra sun protection from the inside out. It uses Natural Pineapple Enzymes, Vitamin C, and Beta-Carotene.
- Always Wear Sunscreen. The mineral based, biodegradable sunscreen by Balanced Botanicals is safe for you and safe for the environment.
- Avoid Peak Hours of the Sun. 10 am to 2 pm are the highest UV index and the most likely times to get a sunburn. Alternate between the sun and shade and covering up during this time if you have to be out in the sun.
- Water Increases Sunburn Risk. Activities in the water or snow increase your chance of sunburn because water/snow reflect the sun’s rays and swimming wash off the sunscreen. Take a Vacation Sav-R tablet to help.
- Check a sensor. A UV sensor keychain or another type of sun sensor can tell you what the UV Index is using a simple color chart.
Vacation Sav-R is ideal for anyone spending a prolonged time in the sun or for those who are sensitive to the sun. I love that the sunscreen has a very gentle scent and after spending a bit too much time in the sun gardening, I found the Cool Aloe to be very soothing. Find all of these products and more at VacationSavR.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.