Last Updated on November 10, 2022 by Ellen Christian
After months of nail polish wear, I need to do some spring nail care and start focusing on removing stains from nails that are turning yellow. Check out these tips.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Removing Stains from Nails
I love my nail polish but it can definitely do some damage to my nails if I’m not careful. So, I wear nail polish almost every day. I tend to use darker colors in the colder months and lighter colors or a clear gloss in the warmer months
Yellow stains are typically caused by wearing darker nail polish colors. Since I tend to wear darker nail polish colors in the colder months, removing stains from nails is something I need to do each spring as I start to transition away from darker colors.
- Using the nail buffer, gently buff the top surface of your nails. VERY GENTLY. You are actually removing a portion of the nail when you buff them so do not do this often or very hard.
- Soak your nails in lemon juice for 10 minutes. Ideally, this should be done daily until you’re pleased with the results. If you don’t have time for that, proceed to the next step.
- Using 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide, make a paste with 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Rub it on your nails and let it sit for 10 minutes. Repeat every other month.
The best way to remove stains from nails is to prevent them from happening. Always use a base coat when applying nail polish and try to take a break in between each polish change.
If you do end up with yellow stains on your nails, following this process should remove them. It works for me!
For more Spring and Easter fashion and beauty posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Spring Clean Your Beauty Routine by Pretty Opinionated
- Hot Hair Trends for Spring by Style on Main
- Dressing for a Spring Tea Party by Day by Day in Our World
- Easy spring nail designs
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.