Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love my nail polish but it can definitely do some damage to my nails if I’m not careful. I wear nail polish almost every day. I tend to use darker colors in the colder months and lighter colors or a clear gloss in the warmer months. After months of nail polish wear, I need to do some spring nail care and start focusing on removing stains from nails that are turning yellow.
Spring Nail Care – Removing Stains from Nails
Yellow stains are typically caused by wearing darker nail polish colors. Since I tend to wear darker nail polish colors in the colder months, removing stains from nails is something I need to do each spring as I start to transition away from darker colors.
- Nail buffer
- Lemon juice
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking Soda
- Small bowl
- Using the nail buffer, gently buff the top surface of your nails. VERY GENTLY. You are actually removing a portion of the nail when you buff them so do not do this often or very hard.
- Soak your nails in lemon juice for 10 minutes. Ideally, this should be done daily until you’re pleased with the results. If you don’t have time for that, proceed to the next step.
- Using 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide, make a paste with 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Rub it on your nails and let it sit for 10 minutes. Repeat every other month.
The best way to remove stains from nails is to prevent them from happening. Always use a base coat when applying nail polish and try to take a break in between each polish change. If you do end up with yellow stains on your nails, following this process should remove them. It works for me!
For more Spring and Easter fashion and beauty posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Spring Clean Your Beauty Routine by Pretty Opinionated
- Hot Hair Trends for Spring by Style on Main
- Spring Clean Your Beauty Routine by philZENdia
- Dressing for a Spring Tea Party by Day by Day in Our World
- Deer Chic by How Was Your Day?
- Natural Style Elements for Spring by The Guavalicious Life
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.