Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Do you know how to wear a cardigan with jeans? Are you one of those people who can effortlessly put together a fashionable look without thinking about it? Or, are you like me, and you stand in front of your closet and wonder what to wear today? You can make a pair of jeans as casual or dressy as you like depending on what you wear with it. By changing your top, shoes and jewelry, you can take your favorite pair of jeans from a casual Saturday morning to a dressy Sunday dinner with the girls. Cardigan sweaters are very versatile. They can be worn over a lightweight top for warmth or under a sports jacket for that boyfriend look. A cardigan sweater is one of those staples that every woman should have in their closet. This post contains affiliate links.
How to Wear a Cardigan with Jeans
Because I work at home and tend to prefer casual style, one of my favorite ways to wear a cardigan is with jeans. Of course, you can wear a cardigan with a skirt or slacks just as easily if you need to get dressed up.
- Belted – An oversized cardigan or boyfriend cardigan can easily be worn with a thin belt and a pair of jeans. Cinching a belt at your waist helps to create an hourglass shape. Choose a skinny belt with a light-weight knit cardigan.
- Layered – One of the easiest ways to wear a cardigan is to layer it over a lightweight short sleeved shirt. Wear it with a pair of skinny jeans and heels to dress up the look or go with cuffed jeans and flats for a more casual style.
- With a scarf – A simple style upgrade, adding a scarf to your cardigan is an excellent way to make your look more stylish. Wear a chunky knit scarf for a casual look or a silk scarf for a dressier outfit.
- Buttoned up – Love the preppy look? Simply button up your cardigan for an instant preppy style. This style works best with cardigans that have a higher, rounded neckline.
- Tucked in – Not a style you see frequently, but try tucking your cardigan into your jeans – at least in the front – for a different look. Pick a cardigan that is fairly fitted for this style.
- Draped over your shoulders – Remember this look from college frat boys? Simply grab your favorite cardigan and go. You can leave it as is or wear it later on if the temperatures get cooler.
Now that you know how to wear a cardigan with jeans, you’ll find it’s the perfect look for spring.
Get this special deal through the weekend (ends 3/6):
Regular and Plus Size (Sm-3X) High-Quality Cardigans in 17 Colors!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.