Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As soon as my son turned 18 last month, one of the first things that he decided to do was get a tattoo. My daughter is now considering getting one as well. He loves the tattoo now and is considering getting more, but what if he changes his mind in the future? Learning how to hide a tattoo with makeup may be just what you need.
How to Hide a Tattoo with Makeup
While it may be difficult to cover a large tattoo with makeup, if you have a smaller tattoo, it’s certainly possible. As much as you may be in love with your tattoo, there may be times you want to cover it up like a job interview or a visit to Grandma’s house.
- Clean the area with alcohol to remove any makeup or oils from your skin.
- Apply an oil-free primer to help the color adhere better. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Sponge on a full coverage concealer first. Choose a shade that is slightly lighter than your skin. This will help neutralize the black of the tattoo.
- Next, you need to conceal the concealer. For this step, choose a concealer that matches your skin tone.
- Use a flat brush to apply the second concealer for a more natural look.
- Apply an invisible setting powder using a kabuki brush over the concealer. Pat gently. You want this to look natural and not caked on.
- If you’re worried about the tattoo rubbing off on your clothes, you can use a makeup setting spray.
You certainly won’t want to go through this routine every day, but it does work well for special occasions. You may need to experiment a few times to find products that work well to cover the specific colors in your tattoo. Keep in mind that smaller, one color tattoos will be easier to cover than larger, multicolor tattoos.
Have you ever tried to hide a tattoo with makeup?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.