Last Updated on March 30, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Wondering how to hide a tattoo? Check out these tips for hiding a tattoo with makeup and learn how to conceal a permanent tattoo.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As soon as my son turned 18 last month, one of the first things that he decided to do was get a tattoo. My daughter is now considering getting one as well.
He loves the tattoo now and is considering getting more, but what if he changes his mind in the future? Learning how to hide a tattoo with makeup may be just what you need.
How to Hide a Tattoo with Makeup
While it may be difficult to cover a large tattoo with makeup, if you have a smaller tattoo, it’s certainly possible. As much as you may be in love with your tattoo, there may be times you want to cover it up like a job interview or a visit to Grandma’s house.
Check out this Advanced Mineral Perfecting Concealer review.
How can I hide my permanent tattoo?
Check out these tips to conceal a tattoo from your parents or from your boss at work. This is one of the best makeup products to cover tattoos.
- Clean the area with alcohol to remove any makeup or oils from your skin.
- Apply an oil-free primer to help the color adhere better. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Sponge on a full coverage concealer first. Choose a shade that is slightly lighter than your skin. This will help neutralize the black of the tattoo.
- Next, you need to conceal the concealer. For this step, choose a concealer that matches your skin tone.
- Use a flat brush to apply the second concealer for a more natural look.
- Apply an invisible setting powder using a kabuki brush over the concealer. Pat gently. You want this to look natural and not caked on.
- If you’re worried about the tattoo rubbing off on your clothes, you can use a makeup setting spray.
You certainly won’t want to go through this routine every day, but it does work well for special occasions. You may need to experiment a few times to find products that work well to cover the specific colors in your tattoo. Keep in mind that smaller, one-color tattoos will be easier to cover than larger, multicolor tattoos.
How can I hide my tattoo at work?
Tattoos are a great way to express yourself, but not everyone is as open-minded about them. If you work in an office setting, it can be hard to keep your tattoo hidden from the public eye
If you just want to hide your tattoo while at work, you may not want to go through covering a tattoo with makeup every day. But, if you have a tattoo at work, there are some things that you can do to help hide it.
The first step is to find out if your company has any policies about tattoos and piercings. You may not need to cover it at all. If you do, a tattoo sleeve works great.
But, you want to make sure that you don’t violate the dress code if they have one in place. If not, then wearing an undershirt or long sleeves will be enough for most people to cover up their tattoos.
Have you ever tried to hide a tattoo with makeup?
More beauty articles
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.