Last Updated on November 25, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Wondering how to choose the right wedding band? Keep reading for some helpful tips to ensure you make the best choice.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
How to Choose the Right Wedding Band for Him
Spring and summer are the seasons for weddings. The weather is beautiful. Flowers are blooming and the birds are singing.
It’s a time of rebirth, and for many, that brings our minds to new beginnings and weddings. There is a lot that goes into planning the perfect wedding, from your dress to the location to the ring.
How to choose the right wedding band is just one of those things that need to be considered when planning your wedding. Of course, style is one of the first things that comes to mind but it’s not the only thing you should consider.
Wedding band options
- Metal – Consider what type of metal you want to wedding band to be. Do you want it to match his watch? Your favorite necklace? Most people choose to have the engagement ring and wedding band be the same metal but it’s not a hard and fast rule.
- Simple or Unique – Do you want a plain wedding band? Or, would you prefer to have it engraved or have diamonds or gemstones embedded in it instead?
- Your Style – His and her wedding bands don’t have to match each other completely. If you prefer yellow gold but he loves white, consider having a matching inscription to tie the two together.
- Budget – While thinking about what you can afford to spend isn’t exactly a romantic thought, it is an important consideration. Set a budget before you start shopping for wedding bands. This will help you stay on track.
- Consider Your Lifestyle – Do you have an active or sedentary lifestyle? Is the band comfortable? If you play sports or an instrument where you use your hands a lot, you may want to consider a slimmer ring with rounded edges. Do your hands get dirty regularly? You may want to skip engravings or gemstones that can trap dirt.
- Classic Style – Unlike other jewelry pieces, your wedding band is something you’ll probably wear every day for the rest of your life. Make sure you choose a band with a classic style rather than something super trendy that may be outdated in 15 years.
No matter which band you choose, I hope that these suggestions for choosing the right wedding band will help you during the process. Don’t forget to create your wedding registry.
More wedding articles
- Micro weddings
- Best wedding dress for a beach wedding
- Unique wedding accessories
- How to choose wedding colors
- Wedding colors for every season
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.