Last Updated on February 7, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spring and summer are the seasons for weddings. The weather is beautiful. There are flowers blooming and the birds are singing. It’s a time of rebirth and for many, that brings our minds to new beginnings and weddings. There is a lot that goes into planning the perfect wedding from your dress to the location to the ring.
How to Choose the Right Wedding Band for Him
How to choose the right wedding band is just one of those things that need to be considered when planning your wedding. Of course, style is one of the first things that comes to mind but it’s not the only thing you should consider.
- Metal – Consider what type of metal you want to wedding band to be. Do you want it to match his watch? Your favorite necklace? Most people choose to have the engagement ring and wedding band be the same metal but it’s not a hard and fast rule.
- Simple or Unique – Do you want a plain wedding band? Or, would you prefer to have it engraved or have diamonds or gemstones embedded in it instead?
- Your Style – His and her wedding bands don’t have to match each other completely. If you prefer yellow gold but he loves white, consider having a matching inscription to tie the two together.
- Budget – While thinking about what you can afford to spend isn’t exactly a romantic thought, it is an important consideration. Set a budget before you start shopping for wedding bands. This will help you stay on track.
- Consider Your Lifestyle – Do you have an active or sedentary lifestyle? Is the band comfortable? If you play sports or an instrument where you use your hands a lot, you may want to consider a slimmer ring with rounded edges. Do your hands get dirty regularly? You may want to skip engravings or gemstones that can trap dirt.
- Classic Style – Unlike other pieces of jewelry, your wedding band is something you’ll probably wear every day for the rest of your life. Make sure you choose a band with a classic style rather than something super trendy that may be outdated in 15 years.
No matter which band you choose, I hope that these suggestions for how to choose the right wedding band will help you during the process. Don’t forget to create your wedding registry.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.