Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on May 27, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Hiking beauty essentials are those must have beauty needs you never leave home without. When I go hiking, I want to leave behind some of the cares of my traditional day without completely giving up the little things I do to pamper myself. My hiking style is somewhere between the bare minimum and all out glamping.
Hiking Beauty Essentials
When you’re hiking, you’re often without a good source of running water and you’re trying to minimize what you carry in your backpack. I don’t want to pack all of the traditional bottles and compacts I normally bring with me, but I don’t want my skin to fall apart while I’m gone either.
The goal here is lightweight and effective:
- Sunscreen. Absolutely 100% never leave the house without sunscreen. You may think you’ll be in the woods all the time, but you can never be too careful.
- Hair Ties or a Head Band. You won’t want your hair getting knotted or caught in tree branches while you’re hiking. A few hair ties or a headband will keep your hair out of your eyes and under control.
- Lip Balm. There is nothing worse than chapped or sunburned lips. Bring a lip balm that has SPF to be on the safe side.
- Natural Bug Spray. OK, not exactly a beauty essential but being covered with bug bites is not attractive or fun. Choose a natural bug spray with citronella essential oil or make your own.
- Facial Wipes. No water required with a pack of facial wipes. They are perfect to wiping away sweat or cleaning off makeup or removing sunscreen at the end of the day.
- Deodorant. This one is self-explanatory. Even if you’re alone, you don’t want to forget this.
- Tinted Moisturizer. The thought of completely abandoning my makeup routine doesn’t thrill me. A tinted moisturizer will keep healthy moisture in your skin and help even out your complexion a bit.
- Biodegradable Soap. If you plan on having access to running water, choose a biodegradable soap that you can use safely without harming the environment.
- Beauty Basics. While I don’t want the whole beauty routine I normally follow, a tube of mascara and a lip gloss are musts for me.
- Dry Shampoo. Depending on how long you’ll be gone and how often you normally wash your hair, you may want to bring along a dry shampoo.
Camping and hiking are great ways to get out and relax. They aren’t as expensive as a traditional vacation, but they still give you the ability to get away from home and your normal routine. Much of what you bring with you for hiking beauty essentials will depend on how long you’ll be gone and the amenities available where you’re hiking. Some trails have showers that hikers can use while they’re camping and if that’s the case, it opens up a whole new range of possibilities including things like body wash, traditional shampoo, and styling tools for your hair.
What are your hiking beauty essentials you bring?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.