Last Updated on February 15, 2023 by Ellen Christian
I had an amazing time with family this 4th of July and I hope you did as well. I love everything about Independence Day from the red, white and blue themes that pop up everywhere to the fireworks and family cookout. Of course, I was thrilled to see that Glossybox Stars & Stripes Edition carried on the red, white and blue theme this month as well.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Glossybox Stars & Stripes Edition
Glossybox is one of my favorite monthly beauty subscription boxes. It has only premium brands so I have no worries about receiving something I can find easily at the drug store. There are always at least five products – some trial size and some full size but occasionally I have received six products or even an added gift card.
Products in my Glossybox
1. StrangeBeautiful Colorbloc Nail Polish – Exclusively designed for Glossybox, this patriotically-inspired StrangeBeautiful Colorbloc pairing enables you to color your nails on the go effortlessly – outstanding for travel, airline-friendly and splendid to hold. It is comprised of two saturated colors and housed in a compact design. Full size $18.00
You may remember my patriotic nail design I did a week or so ago? I used this nail polish and am definitely in love with it. It gives good coverage and I love the way they pair like colors together.
2. Rusk Texture Dry Finishing Spray – This talc free styling spray adds texture, shape and grip for an instant boost on hot, summer nights, while maintaining hair’s natural movement. Best of all? No white flakes or chalky residue. Full size $18.00 / 8 oz
I generally just use hairspray and spray the heck out of my hair on dry, humid days. It doesn’t work well and my hair does end up looking flat at the end of the day. The Rusk spray works well. It has a flexible hold but it really does stand up during humid weather. The scent is very pleasant as well – sort of a baby powder scent and there is no white residue at all.
3. Ayres Patagonia Body Butter – Tackle skin’s dry patches with an all-natural body formula enriched with herbal extracts and vitamins. This fragrant-fusion of jasmine, rosemary, lavender, bergamot and fir essential oils harkens to Patagonia’s contrasting landscapes. Full size $28.00 / 6.75 fl oz
I’ve never used an Ayres product before but I was really impress with this one. I love the scent. It’s not too strong but it’s noticeable enough to be pleasant. I used it on my elbows and love how hydrated the Ayres Patagonia Body Butter left them. Great way to pamper your skin.
4. Camille Beckman Platinume Gold Imperial Repair Hand Therapy – Promising your hands a dose of hydration, restoration and softening, this dye-free, gluten-free citrus-scented cream includes botanicals like sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil and the brand’s signature herbal complex. Full size $10.00 / 1.35 oz
Another new to me brand, this cream is very soothing and left my hands very soft. The scent is a bit strong for me and definitely not something you’d want to wear additional perfume with. It’s fine as a stand alone scent on a day you don’t plan on wearing perfume and I really do like the way it left my hands after I used it.
5. Sumita Beauty Champagne Eye Shadow Pencil – The perfect finishing touch for day or night, this universally-flattering golden shade offers a hint of shimmer to accent any eye color. Use as a highlight or apply to your entire lid without fear, as this silky pencil won’t smudge or smear.
I chose to use this as an eye shadow and just applied it over my entire lid and then smudged with my fingertip. It went on very smoothly with no tugging at all which is so important in an eye shadow pencil. Although I don’t generally wear this shade, I did find that it worked well for a nice, neutral day time look. I did not see any creasing at all with wear.
So, I definitely love this month’s box. I will use every single product in the box and really enjoyed them all. It’s hard to pick a favorite but I would say it would be either the StrangeBeautiful nail polish or the Sumita eye shadow pencil. If you haven’t already, I recommend you sign up for GlossyBox today.
- How to wear clothes that clash
- 4th of July Nail Designs
- Rusk Paste review
- Does Rimmel Lash Accelerator really work?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.
40 thoughts on “Glossybox Stars & Stripes Edition”
I’m so envious! I NEVER got boxes like this! Maybe I should consider signing up again lol You’ve got some fabulous (and seasonally fun) full-sized products here 🙂
Diary of a Debutante
I do love Glossybox. I have never been disappointed!
This sounds like a fabulous subscription box! Your patriotic nail art was so festive!
Thank you, Ashliegh!
I really loved it, Jess!
Ah that eye pencil! I’m a sucker for anything with a little shimmer in it…you got a good box this time around!
The pencil is definitely fun!
I LOVE Ayres body butter! I have samples of Patagonia and Midnight Tango, and they feel and smell so amazing.
Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest
I need to try those too!
This is a good box. I like the red, white and blue theme too. I really love smudge proof eye pencils and use them up in no time.
I agree, Deb. A definite plus in the summer too!
this was definitely a cute box
I agree, Laura. Lots of great stuff!
Such a cute themed box!
It really was fun this month, Michelle!
I want to try that texturizing spray. I’ve been into curling my hair more and want a bit more texture when I do it!
I’m really loving how well it works!
looks like a nice collection…I need some new products for my beauty routine this summer
Definitely time to try it, Diane!
I love the polish, such perfect colors for summer!
I agree, Carly. Love the colors.
LOVED the nail polish in this months box!
Me too, Ange! Such a great polish.
I’ll have to try the Rusk texturizing spray, since my hair is so dark I always have a problem with them being too powdery.
I didn’t see any powder in this one at all, Marina. Hope it works for you!
Looks like a lot of awesome products! I’d love to see swatches of the eye pencil!
I’ll try to get those up!
Great box! I would love to subscribe!
Now’s the time, Justina. Make sure you use the code above.
This looks like a great box to try!
I really enjoy it, Beth!
Nice products you got there especially the nail polish duo
Thanks, Kath. I agree!
Oh, love it!
Me too, Michelle. Thanks for stopping by!
I absolutely love how festive and patriotic this box was! Looks like it had great products to boot! <3
It really did. I love Glossybox!
I loved the June box if for no other reason than the box. I can’t wait to get my July box!!
Me too! It was such a cute box!
Comments are closed.