Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Ellen Christian
I’m far from an expert at nail designs. I don’t have a lot of patience to do complicated designs that require multiple steps and a very steady hand. I still like to do fun things to my nails but I tend to stick with easy DIY summer nails like this simple swirl.
Easy DIY Summer Nails
You can really do these easy DIY summer nails with any color base coat. I have found that a white base coat lets the other colors show up the best but if you’d rather go with something else, you certainly can.
- Base and top coat
- White nail polish
- 3 different bright color nail polishes
- Toothpick or special nail design tool
- Remove all nail polish from your nails and apply a base coat.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a coat of white nail polish and allow it to dry completely.
- Make three dots on each nail with the 3 different bright color nail polishes.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the colors together and let dry completely.
- Apply a top coat and let dry completely.
That’s all there is to it. It’s a simple DIY that makes your nails pop but is easy enough for a beginner to master. If you make any mistakes around your nails, just use a bit of nail polish remover on a q-tip to remove it. You can add a bit more color if you want to by adding another small dot.
What are your favorite easy DIY summer nails?
For more summer style ideas, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Hair Tutorial for a Casual Bun by Day by Day in Our World
- Summer Fashions That Will Flatter Your Body Style by Jennifer Sikora
- Tote Bags by Style on Main
- Watermelon Tie Dye DIY by Sweet Lil You
- Perfecting Boho Chic Style for Summer by How Was Your Day?
- Super Stylish Mix & Match Teen Fashion for Summer by My Kids Guide
- 10 Summer Maternity Outfits That Take You From Casual to Classy by Our Family World
- Summer Fashions for Free Spirits by Pretty Opinionated
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.