Last Updated on May 6, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Looking for DIY nail designs? If you want to do easy summer nails, check out this simple swirl design. They add a pop of color to any summer outfit.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Easy DIY Summer Nails
You can really do these easy DIY summer nails with any color base coat. I have found that a white base coat lets the other colors show up the best but if you’d rather go with something else, you certainly can.
- Base and top coat
- White nail polish
- 3 different bright color nail polishes
- Toothpick or special nail design tool
- Remove all nail polish from your nails and apply a base coat.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a coat of white nail polish and allow it to dry completely.
- Make three dots on each nail with the 3 different bright color nail polishes.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the colors together and let dry completely.
- Apply a top coat and let dry completely.
That’s all there is to it. It’s a simple DIY that makes your nails pop but is easy enough for a beginner to master. If you make any mistakes around your nails, use a bit of nail polish remover on a q-tip to remove it. You can add a bit more color if you want to by adding another small dot.
What are your favorite easy DIY summer nails?
For more summer style ideas, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Hair Tutorial for a Casual Bun by Day by Day in Our World
- Perfecting Boho Chic Style for Summer by How Was Your Day?
- 10 Summer Maternity Outfits That Take You From Casual to Classy by Our Family World
- Summer Fashions for Free Spirits by Pretty Opinionated
- Check out Zoya Color Spoons
- Festival Nail Polish
- Fourth of July pedicure and manicure
- Cute boho dresses
- Pumpkin nail designs
- Zoya Island Fun
- Favorite Disney nails
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.