Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on July 14, 2020 by Ellen Christian
When I was in high school, I hated swimsuit season. I was never blessed with enough up top to look like a supermodel in a bathing suit. While I was flipping through Cosmo magazine, drooling over swimsuits that I’d never be able to fill out, I should have done some research on the best swimsuit for a small bust.
Best Swimsuit for a Small Bust
Thankfully, I now have access to the internet to shop. I’m not limited by the five swimsuits in my local store any longer. When looking for a swimsuit, I always try to find a suit that will enhance my bust without being so revealing that I’m self conscious. Here are a few tips.
- Look for swimsuits with an underwire bra. An underwire will help shape and lift for more definition. For even more help, try a bra that is lightly padded.
- Choose a swimsuit that has bold colors and bright patterns. They’ll help distract the eye away from your bust.
- Contrast the cups. Choose a suit that has contrasting cups so the color helps to define them.
- Plunging necklines often look better on women with a small bust. Be daring!
- Try a bustier with bold stripes. The bustier will help define what you have and the stripes will accent your cleavage.
- Try a triangle bikini. A lightly padded triangle bikini top shows off your assets with a little help.
- Add ruffles and fringe. Both ruffles and fringe will give you the appearance of having more up top than you do.
When shopping for swimsuits, look for a store that allows you to buy the top and bottom pieces separately. While I need a small bathing suit top, I need a larger bottom. This can be a real problem in stores where I have to buy one size for the whole suit. Stores like Victoria’s Secret and Athleta will allow you to purchase tops and bottoms separately.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.