Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall means apple picking, apple butter, apple cinnamon body scrub and apples for beautiful skin. What, you haven’t heard about apples for beautiful skin? I’ve reviewed several products that advertise apple stem cell for beautiful skin. I thought I’d do a bit of research to see if apples for beautiful skin had any scientific basis.
Apples for Beautiful Skin
When thinking about apples for beautiful skin, I’m talking about fresh apples with the skin on them. While I’m sure there are probably some health benefits to eating apple pie, I’m reasonably sure that there aren’t as many as eating raw fresh apples. Of course, I’d also recommend local, organic fresh apples to ensure they’re as fresh as possible and that they haven’t been sprayed with any chemicals.
- Vitamin C – Apples are high in Vitamin C. Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid. Vitamin C helps your body create collagen. Collagen is a type of protein that helps your body form connective tissues that skin, bone, tendons, muscle, and cartilage together. Collagen also helps your skin maintain its tone or firmness, and a lack of collagen can cause wrinkles.
- Copper – Apples also provide you with copper that helps your body to create melanin. Melanin is a pigment that colors your skin and also helps protect your skin from ultraviolet rays from the sun.
- Vitamin A – While apples don’t have a tremendous amount of Vitamin A, they do contain some. Vitamin A is a retinoid. Retinoids are often prescribed by doctors for aging skin.
- Elastin – Like collagen, elastin helps keep your skin healthy, plump and vibrant. Apples contain elastin that will help your skin look young.
- Pectin – Apples contain pectin. Pectin helps to fight infections and can be beneficial in healing acne and other skin infections.
It turns out that old saying “An apple a day helps keep the doctor away.” is probably true.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.