This Irish Skeleton Key Necklace was inspired by a story I read. I have always loved the Boxcar Children series and I’ve read quite a few of them. In one of my favorite books (The Legend of the Irish Castle), the children are let into the castle’s gardens by a caretaker who uses an old skeleton key. I’ve always loved how unique skeleton keys are and finally decided to make something fun for St. Patrick’s Day using an old skeleton key. This post contains affiliate links.
How to Make an Irish Skeleton Key Necklace
Years ago, before I started blogging, I had an online jewelry website and sold my jewelry at craft fairs. I got rid of most of my jewelry making tools and supplies because I no longer have time, but this Irish Skeleton Key Necklace is so easy that you don’t need any special tools. If you don’t have a real skeleton key, you can easily buy them online.
- String the skeleton on the ribbon.
- Add the charms, beads or crystals.
- Tie a small knot on each side of the key/charms so they don’t slide off.
- Knot the necklace behind your neck.
That’s all there is to it. You can make it as intricate or as simple as you like depending on what kind of charms and beads you have. Or you can simply use the skeleton key and some ribbon for a simple look.
For more St. Patrick’s Day and Irish ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Green Shamrock Gummy Candy by This Mama Loves
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Irish Skeleton Key Necklace by The Socialite’s Closet
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Skinny Shamrock Shake by Jen Around the World
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Mint Chocolate Fluff by Mom on the Side
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- St. Patrick’s Day Wreath – Dollar Store DIY by MommaDJane
- Lucky Rustic Wall Hanging: A Paint Stick Craft by Food Fun Family
- Green Tea & Peppermint Sea Salt Foot Scrub by Sincerely Mindy
- Matcha Pear Green Smoothie by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Shamrock Tree by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Brownies by Mom Does it All
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Leprechaun Bark by sweet lil you
- Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring by Style on Main
- Send Them Out the Door Ready for a Good Day by Beautiful Touches