Last Updated on March 27, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Wondering how to make a key necklace? Check out this easy craft using a skeleton key and learn how to make an Irish Skeleton Key Necklace.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
How to Make an Irish Skeleton Key Necklace
This Irish Skeleton Key Necklace was inspired by a story I read. I have always loved the Boxcar Children series and I’ve read quite a few of them. In one of my favorite books (The Legend of the Irish Castle), the children are let into the castle’s gardens by a caretaker who uses an old skeleton key.
I’ve always loved how unique skeleton keys are and finally decided to make something fun for St. Patrick’s Day using an old skeleton key.
Years ago, before I started blogging, I had an online jewelry website and sold my jewelry at craft fairs. I got rid of most of my jewelry making tools and supplies because I no longer have time, but this Irish Skeleton Key Necklace is so easy that you don’t need any special tools.
If you don’t have a real skeleton key, you can easily buy them online.
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
How to make a skeleton key necklace
- String the skeleton on the ribbon.
- Add the charms, beads or crystals.
- Tie a small knot on each side of the key/charms so they don’t slide off.
- Knot the necklace behind your neck.
That’s all there is to it. You can make it as intricate or as simple as you like depending on what kind of charms and beads you have. Or you can simply use the skeleton key and some ribbon for a simple look.
More St. Patrick’s Day ideas
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Green Shamrock Gummy Candy by This Mama Loves
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Matcha Pear Green Smoothie by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring by Style on Main
- Send Them Out the Door Ready for a Good Day by Beautiful Touches
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.