Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post has been sponsored. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
I went to high school during the eighties when big hair was all the rage. Unfortunately, I have always have very fine, limp hair with practically no body. I spent every morning drying my hair upside down in hopes that it would help turn my hair into the latest style. While it did give me a bit more body than I would have had otherwise, I never did manage to pull off the big hair look. I am no longer trying to have big hair, but I do have styling tips for fine hair that have worked well for me.
Styling Tips for Fine Hair
- Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner that are made for fine hair. Some shampoos and conditioners are heavier than others and can weigh down fine hair or leave residue that weighs down your hair. I use TRESemme Keratin Smooth Control. It has a shampoo, conditioner and heat activated treatment. The shampoo gently cleanses and removes impurities. It is gentle enough to use every day and is even safe for color treated hair.
- When you apply conditioner to your hair, only apply it to the ends of your hair. Applying conditioner to all of your hair can weigh it down needlessly.
- Consider choosing a hair cut which will allow you to layer your hair. Layers help to add volume to your hair and give your hair a fuller appearance.
- Help boost your roots by drying your hair upside down. This will help add volume to your hair!
- Use a foam to give your hair added body. I use the Dove Oxygen Moisture Leave in Foam to moisturize my hair and give it a light hold. This foam is much lighter than a gel or paste and doesn’t weigh my hair down at all.
- Use a weightless styling oil like Suave Moroccan Infusion to give your hair shine and manageability. The Suave Moroccan Inufsion is an ultra-light formula that doesn’t leave my hair limp and flat.
- If you blow dry, curl or straighten your hair, be sure to use a heat activated treatment to help protect your hair like TRESemme Heat Activated Treatment. Heat can be very damaging to your hair.
Have you seen the fresh new care for stunning hair? Get to your nearest Walgreens, and try some of the season’s hottest new hair care products.
- Breathe life into lifeless, flat hair with the new Dove® Advanced Hair Series with Oxygen moisture. Dove’s Pure Care Dry Oils are made from first-pressed organic oils which are absorbed in an instant to nourish and pamper hair and leave it looking smoother, shinier and softer from the first use.
- Get salon-gorgeous hair every day with TRESemmé® Keratin Smooth. With the new 7 Day Smooth line extension, you’ll have ultimate frizz resistance that lasts through washes.
- The new line of Suave® Natural Infusions is salon proven to moisturize, smooth and restore your hair’s natural shine
When you buy any these new products at Walgreens, you’ll get amazing savings!
- Get 25% off these product innovations
- Buy two participating TRESemmé®, Dove® or Suave® products, and get 2,000 Walgreens Balance Rewards points. That’s a $2 reward!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.