Last Updated on December 13, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wondering how to wear a beanie with long hair? Now that the cold weather is here to stay, check out these tips on wearing a beanie.
It’s important to look stylish, but in the winter, warmth is even more important. Check out these cold weather fashion tips for women and see what I mean.
How to Wear a Beanie
There are several different ways you can wear this style of a hat depending on the look you want to achieve. Some styles look better with long hair than others.
So, what is a beanie? It’s a knitted hat without a brim that is typically worn in the winter to stay warm. They come in lots of different styles from long and loose to short and fitted.
There are lots of different material options including synthetic and wool yarn. And, there are dozens if not more colors and patterns to choose from. Check them out here.
You will want to style this differently depending on if you have long or short hair. With short hair, it often looks best worn closer to the head. Choose hats with a thin or medium thickness.
If you’re wondering how to wear a beanie with long hair, a slim-fitting style will look best. And, to avoid overwhelming your face, wear the hat back a bit more from your eyebrows.
Consider a ponytail beanie that will allow your hair to come through the top rather than keeping it all underneath. This is a perfect option for women with long hair.
How to wear a beanie with a pom pom
Adding a pom pom to the top of your hat gives you a fun, playful look. Pair it with a quilted jacket and your favorite pair of faded jeans, and you have the perfect casual winter look.
Avoid wearing a beanie with a pom-pom back too far or the weight of the pom-pom may pull it off your head.
Why do hats have pom-poms?
It’s purely a style accent. They look cute and add a little bit of a different style to your look than wearing one without.
Do guys wear hats with pom-poms?
It really all depends on the guy. They add a fun look to your outfit. But, some men may feel it’s more an accent for a woman’s hat.
To cuff or not to cuff
You have several different options when it comes to cuffing the brim.
- Wear the beanie without cuffing. When doing this, cover your ears and rest the top right above your eyebrows. This style is best for this look.
- Cuff it once and push it back further on your forehead. The brim should come about halfway on your ears.
- Cuff the beanie twice and wear it on top of your head. This style will cover just the tip of your ears. Here are some trendy styles.
- Wear your beanie perched on top of your head, as far back as possible without falling off. This style does not cover your ears at all.
- Do not cuff the beanie and wear it far back on your head BUT cover your ears. Pull a bit of hair to the front of the edge of the hat. Slouch the back of the hat. This look is best for shorter hairstyles.
How to wear a beanie with glasses
I’ve heard some people say that you just cannot wear a beanie with glasses but I disagree. Just choose glasses with smaller frames so that they don’t interfere with the bottom part of the hat.
Should a beanie cover your ears?
It all depends on how you wear it. You can cuff it, in which case it will graze the center of your ear.
Or, you can wear it without cuffing so that it does cover your ears. The center of the hat should come right above your eyebrows. I love this style.
What clothes to wear with a beanie
You can dress this up or down depending on what you wear. A pair of wool pants and a cable knit sweater look great paired together. Add a tailored coat for a professional or business casual look. I love the selection here.
But, you can also wear this with your favorite faded jeans, a turtleneck sweater, and a ski jacket. It really depends on what you want.
How to wear a beanie with style
- Dress it up or down depending on what you wear with it. Adding the right type of coat will make a huge difference.
- Consider your hairstyle when you choose the type of beanie to wear.
- A close-fitting style will work with a more traditional look. A looser, slouchy style is more casual and contemporary.
Which is your favorite look?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.