Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
I am always interested in ways that I can save time in my beauty routine. There are only so many hours in my day and any time I can save is time I can relax with a cup of coffee and a good book, right? Giving yourself a manicure that lasts takes time and learning how to make your manicure last longer is one way to save a few minutes on your beauty routine.
How to Make Your Manicure Last Longer
Once you’ve treated yourself to that gorgeous manicure, you want to do everything that you can to make it last as long as possible. You’ll learn how to make your manicure last longer by following these simple suggestions.
- Wipe your nails down with white vinegar before you apply your base coat. White vinegar will remove any leftover product or buildup or natural oils on your nails. After your nails dry, you can apply the base coat.
- Don’t soak your nails before you apply polish. Manicurists often do this to soften the cuticles but it can cause the nail bed to expand which results in poor adhesion of the polish. Instead, try a cuticle oil to soften your cuticles.
- Try not to get polish on your cuticles. This causes the polish to chip off from the bottom. Use an orange stick to push your cuticles back before you polish them.
- Always use a base coat before you apply your nail polish. It will help the polish adhere better which will make it last longer.
- Apply a second base coat to the tips of your nails. The tips of your nails are the most likely place to start chipping first.
- When applying your nail polish, paint the very top tips of your nails. This will help prevent chipping.
- After painting your nails, dip them in ice water for a few minutes to help set the polish. It really does work.
- Apply a top coat after your nail polish to help seal the polish. You can retouch it every few days if you need to.
- Avoid hand sanitizer. The alcohol in the sanitizer will dry out your polish which will make it more prone to cracking and chipping.
- If your polish does start to chip at the edges, file your nails down carefully and add a bit more polish to the tips.
- Wear gloves when doing dishes or other housework to avoid damaging your manicure.
Lauren B Beauty Nail Couture Three Step Manicure System is a three step DIY manicure system that will have your nails prepped and flawless for two whole weeks without chipping or fading. This system includes a base coat or nail perfector, nail polish and a gel like top coat. This 5 free nail couture contains no formaldehyde, DBP, toluene, formaldehyde resin or camphor. It’s cruelty free and vegan friendly. Plus, it’s made in the USA!
I’m wearing the gorgeous shade of The “OC” #99017 from Lauren B Beauty Beverly Hills.
- Nail Perfecter:$20.00
- Color: $18.00
- Gel Like Top Coat: $28.00
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.