Last Updated on April 30, 2021 by Ellen Christian
The holidays are over and it is time to move forward to the New Year with some new beauty goals. I admit that I have fallen into a beauty rut. I tend to choose the same products and colors day after day. I have stopped experimenting and my beauty routine has gotten stale. That is going to change in 2014 as I have made a resolution to try new products and new looks instead of relying on the same old thing. Signing up for a subscription beauty box is one way of doing that.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Glossybox Review December 2013
I received the December 2013 Glossybox for review on my site. Glossybox is a monthly beauty subscription service that allows you to receive five travel size products each month. These beauty boxes contain only top beauty products from well known luxury brands and up coming niche brands. You aren’t going to find any drug store brand products in this beauty box. The entire package of samples screams luxury from the box to the tissue paper tied with a pink bow.
The box I received contained:
- Anatomicals – You Need a Blooming Shower – full size 10 fl oz
- Caswell-Massey – Dr. Hunter’s Hand Cream – .5 oz
- Michael Todd True Organics – Pumpkin Mask – 1 fl oz
- Nails Inc. – Victoria Polish – full size .33 oz
- Naobay – Oxygenating Cream Moisturizing – 1.01 fl oz
This is another great month for Glossybox. Both the Anatomicals and the Nails Inc. are full size products. I love that Glossybox surprises us with full size products. Here are my thoughts about what I received:
- Anatomicals – You Need a Blooming Shower – This cleanser has a fantastic soft floral scent. It’s a soothing mix of aloe vera and witch hazel with rose and jasmine scents. Plus, it’s paraben free! Full size retail $5.50
- Caswell-Massey – Dr. Hunter’s Hand Cream – I’ve used Caswell-Massey soap before and have always been impressed with it and their hand cream is just as impressive. It left my hands soft and smooth and the rosewater and sweet almond oil gave it the perfect light scent. Full size retail $10.00
- Michael Todd True Organics – Pumpkin Mask – This mask has pumpkin enzyme and glycolic acid to help dissolve impurities like dead skin and clogged pores. It’s not suitable for sensitive skin so I will be sharing this one with my daughter. Full size retail $34.00
- Nails Inc. – Victoria Polish – Nails Inc. offers a professionally formulated polish for a long lasting, glossy finish. Victoria Polish is a deep cherry shade that is perfect for winter colors. Full size retail $9.50
- Naobay – Oxygenating Cream Moisturizing – This moisturizing cream is made of essential oils like rosehip oil and sweet almond oil to help keep the surface of the skin balanced and fresh. This is perfect timing since the cold winter months always leave my skin in need of more moisturizing. Full size retail $44.00
Choosing a favorite this month was very difficult. In the end, I chose the Caswell-Massey Dr. Hunter’s Handcream because it makes my hands feel so soft and pampered. Sign up for Glossybox today.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.