Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by Ellen Christian
This easy homemade hand scrub recipe is the perfect soap scrub to reach for when you need a little bit of exfoliation along with the lather. Sometimes you want a little bit of exfoliation when you’re washing your hands. Maybe you were out in the garden, working on a messy craft, or making bread by hand. You not only need to wash your hands, you need to remove residue from your hands as well. Microbeads are really bad for the environment and have thankfully been banned, but with this hand scrub, you get the same benefits of a cleanser with microbeads with only healthy ingredients. There are only two simple ingredients in this beauty recipe and I’m almost positive that you have both of them in your house right now. There is no need to run to the store to create this one.
How to Make an Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe
This recipe is inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest. Once a month, a group of bloggers gets together to recreate a pin on Pinterest to make it our own. The original pin used Dove soap and white sugar. I don’t have Dove soap on hand so I decided to go with a handmade soap from a local crafter. I didn’t have any white sugar either, so I chose sea salt instead. They both have the same exfoliating products and it worked perfectly.
- One bar of homemade soap. Bonus points if it has essential oils and healthy ingredients.
- 1/2 to 1 cup Sea salt
- Grate the soap.
- Mix the Sea salt and soap together.
- Store it in a glass jar with a top.
- Lather it in your hands under running water to use.
That’s all there is to it. This is a very simple way to make a homemade hand scrub recipe. It’s as natural and as healthy as the soap you use to create it.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Thumbprint Flower Pot by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Coconut Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets
You may also like:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.