Last Updated on March 17, 2023 by Ellen Christian
This chocolate honey lip scrub is the perfect way to get your lips kissably soft. Lip scrubs are a great way to gently exfoliate your lips.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub
In the winter, when our lips are dried out from exposure to cold air, they can become chapped and sore. Chapped lips are not only uncomfortable but unattractive and that’s not a look I want.
Lip scrubs are super easy to make and the ingredients are fairly interchangeable. The basic idea is that you want sugar (to exfoliate) and oil of some sort to moisturize. Anything else you add in is extra. In this case, I added in cocoa powder because, well .. chocolate and honey which has antibacterial, healing properties.
What is the best sugar for lip scrubs?
I chose brown sugar because the granules are smaller than white sugar so they are more gentle to your lips. You can use white sugar, but be certain you are a lot gentler if you do.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tablespoon coconut oil
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Mix everything together. Adjust the amount of honey and coconut oil until it’s the texture you like. Some people like it thicker or thinner than others. Store in the refrigerator in a jar with a lid and use within two weeks.
- Rose petal bath salts.
- Sugar scrub cubes
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Rose Water by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Salted Caramels by How Was Your Day?
- Valentine’s Day Krispies Treats by This Mama Loves
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup for Flavorful Delights by Day by Day in Our World
- Pom Pom Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- French Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda by Pretty Opinionated
- Epsom Salts DIY Valentine’s Candles by A Day in Motherhood
- Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Mom on the Side
- Box of Chocolates Cake by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Hand Sewn Valentine Cards by Beyond Mommying
- No Bake Choco-Date Cookies for Valentine’s Day by Mommy Snippets
- DIY Heart Stamp for Kids by Family Focus Blog
- DIY Peppermint Chocolate Bark Favors by A Bride on a Budget
- No Sew Fringed Scarf for Him – or Her! by Style on Main
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.
12 thoughts on “How to Make Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub”
I love lip scrub especially the “popcorn” one from LUSH. It not only smells and tastes wonderful, but works beautifully!
I haven’t tried that one before but it sounds yummy!
I think I have all the ingredients for this chocolate honey lip scrub in my pantry right now! My lips are so dry (thanks, winter!) so I really should give this a try. Bonus it will taste good!
It does and the ingredients are all safe!
I’m going to give this a try, I like to make my own scrubs and I swear I have the DRIEST lips!! Thanks for the easy recipe!
Glad to share!
Oh wow! This sounds like it would smell and taste amazing. I can’t wait to give it a try!
It really does, Erika!
I knew of skin scrubs, but didn’t realize there was such a thing as lip scrubs?! Or is this just a ploy to eat more chocolate?!
LOL well you could eat it but it would work better as a lip scrub!
This looks so wonderful, and I actually have all of the ingredients on hand to make this, so I’m super excited! My sister’s birthday is coming right up, so I think I’ll make extra and give her one too 🙂
I’m sure she’d love it!