Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This chocolate honey lip scrub is the perfect way to get your lips kissably soft. Lip scrubs are a great way to gently exfoliate your lips. In the winter, when our lips are dried out from exposure to cold air, they can become chapped and sore. Chapped lips are not only uncomfortable but unattractive and that’s not a look I want.
How to Make Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub
Lip scrubs are super easy to make and the ingredients are fairly interchangeable. The basic idea is that you want sugar (to exfoliate) and oil of some sort to moisturize. Anything else you add in is extra. In this case, I added in cocoa powder because, well .. chocolate and honey which has antibacterial, healing properties.
I chose brown sugar because the granules are smaller than white sugar so they are more gentle to your lips. You can use white sugar, but be certain you are a lot gentler if you do.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tablespoon coconut oil
Mix everything together. Adjust the amount of honey and coconut oil until it’s the texture you like. Some people like it thicker or thinner than others. Store in the refrigerator in a jar with a lid and use within two weeks.
If you like making your own beauty products, try making these rose petal bath salts.
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Rose Water by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- A Valentine’s Day Breakfast by The Guavalicious Life
- Salted Caramels by How Was Your Day?
- Valentine’s Day Krispies Treats by This Mama Loves
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup for Flavorful Delights by Day by Day in Our World
- Pom Pom Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- French Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda by Pretty Opinionated
- Epsom Salts DIY Valentine’s Candles by A Day in Motherhood
- Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub by The Socialite’s Closet
- Hugs and Kisses Valentine’s Cupcakes by Simply Southern Mom
- Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Mom on the Side
- Box of Chocolates Cake by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Cranberry Hootycreek – Valentine’s Day Cookies by MommaDJane
- Dark Chocolate Granola by Food Fun Family
- Valentine’s Day “Love Lives Here” Decorative House Craft by Sincerely Mindy
- Hand Sewn Valentine Cards by Beyond Mommying
- No Bake Choco-Date Cookies for Valentine’s Day by Mommy Snippets
- DIY Heart Stamp for Kids by Family Focus Blog
- DIY Peppermint Chocolate Bark Favors by A Bride on a Budget
- Day Out With Daddy Jar by Sweet Lil You
- No Sew Fringed Scarf for Him – or Her! by Style on Main
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Hearts by Gator Mommy Reviews
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.