Last Updated on January 17, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Make these Washi Tape Candles for an easy candle upcycling project. Create a spa at home with this romantic candlelight span idea.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Washi Tape Candles
The end of the night after my walk is my time to unwind and pamper myself. I fill the tub up with hot water and add some bubble bath. Then, I light a few scented candles to set the mood, and I relax.
I have been just grabbing the candle from the kitchen and bringing it into the bathroom, but I decided I wanted something that fit my mood better than a plain old jar candle. With a little creativity and some Washi tape, I created these Washi Tape Candles.
I didn’t want to invest a lot of money into this, so I used what I had on hand. It’s a great way to feel pampered without blowing your budget. While I used glass votive holders, you could easily use baby food jars if you have them. Since I love to craft and decorate my planner, I always have washi tape.
The most important part of this for me was the candles. I like candles made with real essential oils instead of fragrance oils. I find them at our local health food store. You can choose whatever scent most relaxes you. I enjoy lavender.
- Metal tray or dish
- Two glass votive candle holders
- Two votive candles
- Two tealight candles
- Washi tape
- Flowers, rose petals, little rocks, beach sand, etc.
- If you are re-using jars or candle holders, make sure that they are clean and dry before you begin.
- Washi tape comes in different widths. Find a Washi tape that will match the height of your tealight candles. Wrap the tape around the candles.
- Choose a coordinating color Washi tape to wrap around the glass votive candle holder. You can have more or fewer candles depending on the size of the tray or dish you’re using.
- Add accents to the tray. I chose little pebbles, but you can use rose petals, seashells, sand, etc. depending on what you have and what makes you feel relaxed.
- Light the candles, fill the tub and relax!
Ellen believes you can feel beautiful at any age and size. She shares healthy beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. She is a direct sales rep for several fashion and beauty businesses.