Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The end of the night after my walk is my time to unwind and pamper myself. I fill the tub up with hot water and add some bubble bath. I light a few scented candles to set the mood, and I relax.
Washi Tape Candles
I have been just grabbing the candle from the kitchen and bringing it into the bathroom, but I decided I wanted something that fit my mood better than a plain old jar candle. With a little creativity and some Washi tape, I created these Washi Tape Candles.
I didn’t want to invest a lot of money into this, so I used what I had on hand. It’s a great way to feel pampered without blowing your budget. While I used glass votive holders, you could easily use baby food jars if you have them. Since I love to craft and decorate my planner, I always have washi tape.
The most important part of this for me was the candles. I like candles made with real essential oils instead of fragrance oils. I find them at our local health food store. You can choose whatever scent most relaxes you. I enjoy lavender.
- Metal tray or dish
- Two glass votive candle holders
- Two votive candles
- Two tealight candles
- Washi tape
- Flowers, rose petals, little rocks, beach sand, etc.
- If you are re-using jars or candle holders, make sure that they are clean and dry before you begin.
- Washi tape comes in different widths. Find a Washi tape that will match the height of your tealight candles. Wrap the tape around the candles.
- Choose a coordinating color Washi tape to wrap around the glass votive candle holder. You can have more or fewer candles depending on the size of the tray or dish you’re using.
- Add accents to the tray. I chose little pebbles, but you can use rose petals, seashells, sand, etc. depending on what you have and what makes you feel relaxed.
- Light the candles, fill the tub and relax!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.