Last Updated on May 17, 2022 by Ellen Christian
I love the fun and convenience of monthly beauty box subscriptions. The only time I have an issue with them is when one of the items sent in the subscription box just doesn’t match what I usually wear. As an example, I am really not a fan of lipstick. Gloss, balm, stain, etc. sure but lipstick? No. When I receive lipstick in a subscription box, I know that it’s just not something I will wear.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I receive a subscription box, I would really prefer that the items I get are things I will use. Unfortunately, some subscription boxes are a “one size fits all” subscription. Everyone gets the exact same products no matter their preferences or their appearance. I have discovered a monthly beauty box that actually bases what they send you on your preferences and not on what everyone else gets!
Wantable Box Review November 2013
Wantable allows you to choose from a makeup box, accessories box, intimates box or holiday box. I chose the makeup box. You receive 4 to 5 full-sized premium makeup products, hand-picked to perfectly match your preferences.
The box I received contained:
- Bella Beauty – Shine On Lip Gloss – Rosie
- Color Club – Nail Polish – Baldwin Blue
- Manna Kadar – Lip Glaze – Cat Calls
- Girlactik Beauty – Blush Milan
- Starlooks – Kohl Eye Pencil – Exit to Eden
- Skiin – Skiin Instant Skin Tightener & Line filler sample
While I am familiar with Color Club and Starlooks, the other brands are all new to me. Both Color Club and Starlooks are great quality products that I have used in the past. After checking out the other brands online, they all appear to be a great quality and definitely not brands I would find at my local drug store or mass retailer. I really appreciate that all five of the products I received were full size products and they even added a free sample size product as well.
Here are my thoughts about what I received:
- Bella Beauty – Shine On Lip Gloss – Rosie – The perfect touch of shine and color. The slanted tip allows for easy application. Rose is a gorgeous medium deep pink. Love the color and the gloss.
- Color Club – Nail Polish – Baldwin Blue – A vibrant indigo blue shade. This is the perfect shade to wear with faded blue jeans. I’m saving it for summer to show off.
- Manna Kadar – Lip Glaze – Cat Calls – Gorgeous soft pink gloss that can be worn alone or on top of lipstick. Wears well and has a tiny bit of sparkle to it. Perfect for the holiday.
- Girlactik Beauty – Blush Milan – Soft pink blush in a gorgeous compact. Swirls on to give a very natural look. Love that it’s made in the USA.
- Starlooks – Kohl Eye Pencil – Exit to Eden – Highly pigmented liner in pretty green. Ultra soft so it glides on easily.
If you want a beauty box that is based on your preferences, I definitely recommend Wantable.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.