Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have never claimed to be the most fashionable woman in the world. However, there are some fashion don’ts that you will never, ever see me doing. Sadly, I have seen all of these at one point or another. While some of these are more understandable if you’re a teenager, I’ve seen women that are definitely old enough to know better wearing some of these fashion don’ts as well.
- Tights are not pants. I don’t care what color they are, tights are not pants and should not be worn like pants. If your shirt isn’t long enough to be a dress, put on pants instead of tights.
- Leave something to the imagination. If your outfit consists of two bandaids held together with paperclips, wear it on the beach not to the store.
- Don’t overload the designer emblems. I love my Coach wristlet as much as the next fashion conscious woman. However, if your handbag, shoes, jacket, belt, and shirt all have designer emblems on them, scale it down a bit.
- Tutus are not made for adults. While a tutu may look adorable on your four year old, it wasn’t intended to be an outfit worn by an adult.
- Skimpy separates. Cropped tops and low rise jeans are not a great match. Need I say more?
- Eyes or lips. Never both. Play up one or the other or you risk looking like Bozo the clown.
What are your fashion dont’s? Do you agree with mine or do you think that these are good style choices?
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share it to your favorite networks!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.