Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These tips for dealing with dry winter skin will help your skin stay soft and hydrated even during the harshest winter. As weather conditions change throughout the year, so does the condition of your skin. The cold winter wind and drop in temperature can leave your skin feeling dry, tight and uncomfortable.
Tips for Dealing with Dry Winter Skin
When you turn the heat on in your home, it dries your skin out even more. For some people, it’s more than an uncomfortable feeling. Dry winter skin can result in cracking, flaking, and inflammation.
- Always wear gloves when you go outside. The added layer of protection can help prevent dryness and damage to your skin.
- Avoid wet gloves and socks. If your gloves or socks do get wet while you’re outside, be certain to change them as soon as possible. Wet gloves and socks can irritate your skin and make symptoms worse.
- Drink extra water in the winter. Avoid becoming dehydrated by drinking extra water throughout the day during the colder months.
- Use a humidifier. A humidifier can help return moisture to the air in your home.
- Avoid very hot showers or baths. Taking very hot showers or baths can remove moisture from your skin. Instead, turn the water temperature down and take a warm shower or bath.
- Eat more healthy fats. Make sure that your diet includes more healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids from fish, nuts, olive oil and avocados.
- Take Vitamin C. Vitamin C can help boost your body’s production of collagen which is helpful for skin health.
- You may find that the moisturizer or lotion that you used during the spring and summer just don’t work as well in the colder months. It’s helpful to switch to a moisturizer that contains alpha-hydroxy acids, which work to both exfoliate and hydrate rough dry skin.
AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion for Dry Skin, Fragrance-Free, 15.8oz Twin Pack (7.9oz per bottle)AMLACTIN Alpha-Hydroxy Ceramide Therapy Restoring Lotion, Fragrance Free 7.9 ozAmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion – 7.9 Ounce
Rough, dry skin is generally caused by a loss of humidity in the air which occurs in the winter and inside homes that use heat. Daily use of a moisturizer that contains alpha-hydroxy acids like AmLactin can relieve rough, dry, flaky skin. With creamy emollients and rich humectants that help retain the skin’s natural moisture, AmLactin moisturizers draw water to the skin so it looks and feels soft and smooth. I love that it’s fragrance-free so both my husband and I can use it for our dry skin.
Their products contain lactic acid to gently encourage natural skin cell renewal through exfoliation, creating the soft, smooth texture you want to see. AmLactin has a variety of body lotions and creams to choose from. It’s clinically proven and recommended by dermatologists. Two of my favorite products are AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion which I use as an all over body lotion and AmLactin Cerapeutic Restoring Body Lotion which I use specifically for my hands when they are dry and irritated. Check out my video below!
Connect with AmLactin on Twitter to learn more about their promotions and follow the AmLactin YouTube Channel for more skin care tips. You can find AmLactin products on Amazon and the drugstore.com website and at retailers like Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target, CVS, and Costco.
I want to hear about your winter skin care tips and tricks. Share them below!
Uncover smooth, radiant skin with AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Skin Care. Its unique exfoliating and hydrating alpha-hydroxy therapy gently removes dead skin cells and thoroughly moisturizes. It’s the difference between skin care and skin therapy. Look for AmLactin moisturizers at your local Target, CVS, Walgreens, Costco, Walmart and Rite Aid.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AmLactin. The opinions and text are my own.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.