Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This scalp mask for oily scalp and dandruff control will help invigorate your scalp and restore health to your hair. Get the easy directions right here.
Having an oily scalp can lead to flaky skin and product buildup. This hair mask for oily scalps and hair will help to balance greasy hair so that it’s soft and healthy.
Scalp Mask For Oily Scalp
Hair masks and scalp masks have become all the rage at upscale beauty and department stores. You can spend upwards of $40 for one jar of this popular product. Thankfully, you can make this DIY scalp mask for oily scalp and dandruff control for only a few pennies.
Each person’s hair and scalp react differently and produce a different amount of oil. So, there are several different home remedies that you can try. I’ve had success with apple cider vinegary and lemon juice as a rinse. And, you can also mix a teaspoon of baking soda with half a cup of plain unflavored yogurt. Just apply it and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
What is a natural remedy for oily scalp?
So, there are several natural remedies for oily scalp. And, I use a few of them in this DIY scalp mask recipe.
- Aloe Vera
- Lemon Juice
- Tea Tree Oil
- Black Tea
Because this mask uses tea tree oil, it’s also one of the best ways to deal with dandruff.
Frequently asked questions
Are hair masks good for oily hair?
Yes, they definitely are. You can use this DIY scalp mask for oily hair to help reduce the oil and invigorate your scalp. The ingredients I use help to remove impurities and leave behind, healthy shiny hair.
Ingredients for a scalp mask for oily scalp
- 1 cup organic aloe vera – relieves dermatitis
- 1 tablespoon powdered turmeric – antioxidant and anti-iflammatory
- 5-10 drops of rosemary essential oil – good for itchy scalps
- 5-10 drops of tea tree essential oil – clarifying and antibacterial
How often should you use this hair mask?
How often you use this really depends on how oily your hair is. I found that once or twice a week was fine for my hair. Remember that you will need to use a shampoo and conditioner for oily hair in between using this.
How do I use this?
Massage a small amount of the scalp mask into your scalp and cover your hair with a shower cap overnight. In the morning, your scalp will be softer. And, the dandruf should wash right out when you shampoo. Finally, repeat for two or three nights if necessary.
Can I store this and use it again?
I wouldn’t make up more of this scalp mask for oily scalps than you will use in one sitting. The essential oils will lose their effectiveness as you store them. Just make up enough for one batch and use it. If you have shorter hair, you can make a smaller batch if you need to. But this amount should work well for most people.
Finally, if you enjoyed this article, you might like these.
- 1 cup organic aloe vera
- 1 tablespoon powdered turmeric
- 5-10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 5-10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Whisk or spoon
- Shower Cap
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Massage this into your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- In the morning, shampoo as usual.
- Repeat for 2 to 3 nights if necessary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Betty Dain Fashionista Collection Mold Resistant Lined Shower Cap, Waterproof Exterior, PEVA Lining, Mold and Mildew Resistant, Oversized Design for All Hair Lengths, Elasticized Hem, Deco Dots
- Organic Aloe Vera Gel with 100% Pure Aloe From Freshly Cut Aloe Plant, Not Powder - No Xanthan, So It Absorbs Rapidly With No Sticky Residue - Big 12 oz
- Organic Turmeric Root Powder w/ Curcumin | Lab Tested for Purity | 100% Raw from India | 8oz/226g Resealable Kraft Bag | by FGO
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes you can feel beautiful at any age and any size. She shares healthy, realistic beauty and fashion information geared toward women over the age of 40. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.